Creative writing is not only about giving information. It is about doing
it while expressing your thoughts and emotions. You can be a creative writer if
you will strive how to become one.
Creative writing is more than providing
people with information. It is the art of sharing one's thoughts and emotions.
It is like giving your readers a part of yourself. Not everyone is given the
talent to compose one. But if you are willing to learn, there are a lot of ways
to consider. Here are some of them.
1. If you are not a college student yet, think about taking up Journalism,
English literature or other related courses. This will equip you with the
necessary knowledge. You may also consider enrolling in short courses
specifically for this form of writing. It may be best to attend workshops as
well. There are also online courses available.
2. Write and write and write. Every time you see something that amazes you,
write. Each time you feel happy for a reason, jot it down. If possible, do this
every day so you can finally find your momentum.
3. Identify when is the best time for you to write. This is to be able to
manage your time perfectly. This is also to enable you to produce more
4. Read and read and read. If you want to learn about creative writing, you have to know how each creative writer
expresses their ideas. Read their works. Study each of them. Discover why
people love them.
5. You must also be sensitive to your environment. Study everything that is
around you. Interact with people to know their thoughts. Read blogs online. In
this way, you will know the plot or highlight of the stories that will interest
most of them.
6. Prepare yourself to rejections. Take every rejected work as your chance to
improve. Know if in which aspect of writing you still need to harness. Consider
every comment or feedback as an inspiration. Remember, some famous writers have
experienced rejections several times.
7. You have to be imaginative as well. See in your mind's eye the flow that you
will like for your writing.
8. Know your niche. You cannot be a good creative writer if you will cover all
the disciplines. You cannot possibly do that. Discover where you are good at
and focus from there.
Creative writing is not confined
to poetry, short stories, essays and others. It is not all about fiction. It
can also be non-fiction. Today, personal blogs can be considered one form.
Bloggers share their own tales, which is mostly about travels or other things
they enjoy doing. They do this artistically.
If you write for a
living, make it a point to track your work hours by using a time tracking tool. It helps analyze your