Finding The Career That Suits You
To find the right career for yourself is not a simple task. The time to find one also can differ from person to person; it can be at the beginning of your job hunting session, after you have worked for 5 years or maybe after decades.
To find the answer to question “what career suits me?”, you have to search within you and observe your environment. You yourself know what you want and what you desire most. Just do these few simple steps and you can sort the problem out within a very short time.
1. Make a list. Reminisce what you love to do back when you were a little child. You can list down as much as you can. If you are not sure, do ask people around you, your family and your kin. By doing this list, you can get to know more about your own self and help to plan what you will do for the rest of your life.
2. Deepen your list. When you are finished doing the list of your passion, you can list all the jobs that are related to each of your passions. For an example, if you love photography; you can open a photography studio, be a freelance photographer, offer photo editing service, or be a tutor of anything related to photography.
3. Seek opinion. Then it is time for you to ask the people around you about your passions and also the future you can make. You can ask anybody who knows you, your family, close friends, friends at work, or your former classmates. Ask for their honest opinion.
4. Get a coach. This step is very important since the coach will help you to reach your goal in finding the career you want and will guide you on the process of getting what you want. There are many coaches available online or offline. Be prepared to invest some money for this matter.
5. Do your research. Apart from the coaching and mentoring, you have to do your own research about the top three on your list. You can search the info on the internet or you can just visit your local library to seek for the info you want.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR