Proven Examples of Cover Letter that wins Interviews
The resume cover letter is your personal sales letter. You have one full page to sell yourself using this letter for opportunity to be called for an interview. If you want to learn more on how to write cover letter for job application, check out some proven examples of cover letter here.
Never send a perspective employer your standard resume without attaching it with a cover letter. The resume cover letter is your personal sales letter. You have one full page to sell yourself using this letter for opportunity to be called for an interview. Through this one page letter, you need to promote yourself, your skills, and the contributions you can offer to the perspective employer.
How to write cover letter for job application? Here are some useful guidelines you can use to write a convincing and winning letter:
1. Start you cover letter writing process by doing research on the company. Visit the employer’s website to study the company’s profile, recent news and contact person. You can integrate this information into your letter.
2. Don’t address the letter to any bulk recipient such as “The Manager” or “To Whom it May Concern”. Always address it to an individual’s name.
3. Use the first paragraph effectively to sell your qualifications. Respond to the advertisement and the job requirements accurately. Describe how you can contribute to the potential company.
4. Always send the original letter copy and sign in blue ink.
5. Ask for a job interview in the letter and mention that you will contact the company to follow up the case. This will increase the chance to be called for an interview.
6. Don’t send a letter with punctuation, spelling and grammar errors. Always use a white and clean paper for the letter.
7. Don’t send a generic letter to different employers. The letter must be tailored to a specific job and employer. If you are having difficulties to get started, you can bench mark to the proven examples of cover letter from the gurus to get ideas on the appropriate format and contents.
8. Always use simple sentence structure and language. Keep the letter within one page and do not waste any precious space for unnecessary details.
9. Provide your contact such as email address and day phone number where the perspective employer can reach you easily.
If you want to learn more on how to write cover letter for job application, check out some proven examples of cover letter here.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Copyright Steve Wong.