Top Engineering Colleges in India myths shattered
Myths about Top Engineering colleges in India and Engineering in general, are too many and are on the likes of the some detailed below: 1) One should be a professional like doctor, lawyer or engin...
Myths about Top Engineering colleges in India and Engineering in general, are too many and are on the likes of the some detailed below:
1) One should be a professional like doctor, lawyer or engineer to be successful.
2) Marks that are scored in higher secondary are a reflection of one 's intelligence and the one scoring 95% is more intelligent than the rest.
3) Those who have completed higher education in the vernacular medium are not eligible for professional education in English.
4) Unemployment is too high, so campus placement has to be relied upon.
5)An engineering degree is the most popular branch.
Choice making strategies
1) The interest of the candidate and his/her branch should be the admission criteria.
2) Every parent is required to find out the natural interest of the candidate.
3) Parents should not enforce their decision on the candidate.
4) For a person who is strong-willed, if choice is based on his/her liking, studying that branch would be the best thing.
5) It is not in the interest of the candidate to join a branch only because of limitless job opportunities in the same.
6) The choice of institute also plays a critical role.
7) They can also take a branch available and start liking the same, plan and work hard over it.
8) Choices are mostly based on parental pressure, peer pressure, branches that assure employment as per previous placement statistics.
9)These might also later lead to problems in employability and dissatisfaction. This can lead to high turnover rates, low productivity and increase in stress levels.
Engineering is a very big and diverse stream with the scope to employ a large number of people specializing in different branches. The world is in need of well-equipped and well-qualified candidates with the right attitude. Engineering as a stream also have countless amount of branches where scope for self-employment exists. Therefore, Engineering looked from a perspective of interest and an intent to specialize in something would definitely make the studying candidates more interested and determined to achieve something.
For more details, refer to Top Engineering Colleges in India.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chandrakala, a content writer at collegesearch.in