Difference between Refurbished and Repaired Mobile Phones
Many companies now offer previously-owned repaired or refurbished mobile phones at a savings off the original price. A refurbished mobile phone is one that has been returned by a dealer or customer to the manufacturer due to damage or other reasons. Refurbished cell phones are checked for defects and, if necessary, repaired and cleaned up.
• A refurbished mobile phone is one that has been returned to the factory from a cell phone company and rebuilt, usually to new specifications. Sometimes, a favorite model will no longer be manufactured new, but a customer can get a refurbished one.
• Like it sounds, a repaired mobile phone is one that has had its problems fixed, but it is not necessarily under warranty and may or may not have been cleaned up. Because of the great number of mobile phone models available and the speed at which new models are created, it is often more time-consuming and expensive to repair a phone than to replace it.
• Some companies also purchase used phones and have them refurbished independently. In many cases, refurbished mobile phones have only been used for a short period of time. In the case of a refurbished mobile phone, you are likely to receive a warranty.
• Other refurbished mobile phones are simply used cell phones that have been subjected to diagnostic and quality assurance tests and then reconditioned to have a new appearance.
• The technicians who test repaired or refurbished mobile phones may or may not be certified. The process can also involve original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts, as opposed to original parts. It is important to verify the Electronic Serial Number (ESN) when you buy a refurbished phone.
• The ESN identifies the phone and determines where the minutes of that phone are billed. With this number, you can also determine whether the phone was stolen or if there was an unpaid balance on the phone.
• If you are looking at refurbished mobile phones, you must determine which phones are compatible with the carrier you choose. Companies that recycle and refurbish cell phones often buy, sell and recycle other electronic devices, such as pagers and personal digital assistants.
• Aside from the warranty and the low cost, there are other reasons why refurbished mobile phones may be the best choice. Some organizations sell refurbished mobile phones and donate the profits for charitable causes.
• Other agencies provide refurbished mobile phones to victims of domestic violence to call for help if necessary. Another popular reason for buying refurbished mobile phones is to reduce the amount of waste produced by unwanted, older model phones.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Subhash KumarSEO ManagerFind more about Refurbished and Repaired Mobile Phones at http://www.ShoppingSoLow.com.