Cisco CCNA, CCNP, And CCENT Practice Questions: Telnet, VLANs, and more!
Test your knowledge of important Cisco certification exam topics with these CCENT, CCNA, and CCNP practice questions! Topics include Telnet, dynamic VLANs, and password encryption.
Test your knowledge of important Cisco certification exam topics with these CCENT, CCNA, and CCNP practice questions!
CCENT and CCNA Certification:
You've just configured a password for users that will use Telnet to connect to your router. A few questions...
1. In the running configurations, where will the passwords appear?
2. At which layer of the OSI model does Telnet run?
3. Is the password encrypted by default?
4. If not, how can you perform that encryption?
1. Under the VTY lines, where you configured them.
2. Telnet runs at Layer 7 of the OSI model, the Application layer.
3. The VTY password is not encrypted by default.
4. You can encrypt that password and the other unencrypted passwords in the config with the global service password-encryption command. If you use that command, all unencrypted passwords in the router configuration will then be encrypted.
CCNA Certification AND CCNP Certification / BSCI Exam Question:
You have summarized the routes below. What is the resulting summary?
Answer: 18.104.22.168 /13 (or 255.248.0.0 in dotted decimal).
CCNP Certification / BCMSN Exam:
When dynamic VLANs are in use, what value decides a switch port's VLAN membership?
Answer: The MAC address of the host connected to that port.
CCNP Certification / ISCW Exam:
What protocol number does AH use?
Answer: IP protocol 51.
CCNP Certification / ONT Exam:
"campus backbone", "management", and "server farm" are three portions of the Enterprise Campus part of the Enterprise Composite Network Model. Name the other three.
Look for more free Cisco certification exam practice questions on this same website!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933, is the owner of The Bryant Advantage (http://www.thebryantadvantage.com ), home of free CCNA and CCNP tutorials, and The Ultimate CCNA and CCNP Study Packages.
For free daily CCNA, CCNP, CCENT, and Microsoft Server 2008 and Vista certification questions, just visit the website and sign up for the daily newsletter or visit the site blog!