Dynamics GP Consulting Chicago, San Diego, Los Angeles: Great Plains Technology notes
Microsoft Dynamics GP, formerly this Corporate ERP application was known as Great Plains Dynamics and eEnterprise. GP implementation often requires in depth technology expertise, in such tools as Microsoft Dexterity, GP Integration Manager, Crystal Reports, eConnect, FRX Financial Reporting.
1. Dynamics GP Initial Implementation: Data Migration from Legacy Accounting application, Test Period, User Training, Reports Design, Customization requirements, programming ongoing integration with such systems as eCommerce, External Sales Order Processing, EDI, etc.
2. Special considerations to GP Customizations and Modifications. Traditionally Dynamics GP add-ons are programmed in Microsoft Dexterity (formerly known as Great Plains Dexterity). Dexterity allows you to work in GP User Workstation interface and deploy the same security realm. Alternatives to Dexterity are Modifier with VBA (form small scope modifications, where you usually have to deploy Microsoft ADO for interfacing with GP database), Extender (this is abstraction shell coded in Dexterity, which allows you to build extensions to GP without knowing Dexterity and being programmer)
3. Special Considerations to GP Integrations. Here we would like to mention Integration Manager and eConnect. Dynamics GP Integration Manager is user friendly and intuitive integration design tool and even if you are not very technical, you can still build integration, which could be called on demand by Dynamics GP user. If you are programmer, you can like advanced ODBC Data Sources (where you can base your query on SQL View, including cross platform, where data is queried and joined from Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Pervasive SQL, Text, MS Excel, MS Access, etc.) . eConnect - this tool and SDK is great for real time integrations in EDI, eCommerce, integrations with XML streams
4. Special Considerations to GP Data Conversions. We recommend you to be conservative and do not pursue 100% of conversion or in other words, do not set a goal "to convert everything". The best and the most failure proof and realistic scenarios would be entering beginning balances in GL, bringing in current customers, vendors and open transactions in AR and AP. The rest should be left in the old legacy accounting system for inquiry only. We do not recommend you to bring in AR, AP, Sales Order Processing and other modules historical data into GP, as even this is possible, but it will require a way more consulting time and may lead to data fixing needs down the road
5. Analytical Accounting and non Profit Grant Management. Microsoft Dynamics GP has special concentration on Non Profit sector. Grant Management module in Great Plains Dynamics GP requires Analytical Accounting. Please check with us, if you are not for profit organization and need Dynamics GP implementation or support
6. How to get additional help? We encourage you to search in google for Dynamics GP video demos and presentations. Our web engineers are deploying web casting technologies, similar to the ones used in Youtube and Google Video to provide free Dynamics GP internet video presentations. Feel free to call or email our office. Service is available virtually Worldwide via remote connections, web sessions and phone conferences. We will be happy to travel to your USA, Canada, Brazil or international based office or facility, if required. Our consultants speak English, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Filipino and other languages
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Andrew Karasev, Alba Spectrum , firstname.lastname@example.org 1-866-528-0577 http://www.albaspectrum.com Serving ERP and MRP community since 1994, local service in Chicago, Houston, San Diego, Atlanta, Los Angeles. Information portal: http://www.pegasplanet.com We serve you USA and Canada nationwide from our Dynamics GP and SAP Business One call center: California, Illinois, New York, Florida, Minnesota, New Jersey, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Ontario, Quebec, Washington, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Oregon, New York, New England. International clients welcome from Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, South Africa, UK, Brazil, Caribbean, Russia, Central America: Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica