How to create backup and import Wireless Network Settings
Wireless Network settings are very important to establish internet connection in easy steps. By importing wireless networks you can make internet connection with the existing network without any issues.
Wireless technology has revamped the world of computers and now you don’t have to deal with bulky wires. Now you can establish an internet connection with a 3G internet connector stick or can use Wi-Fi connection within a certain range. In this article I will let you know about the procedure which you must follow to create backup and import on another computer setup. Pre requisite for creating backup on computer:
· You must logon as Administrator or know the Administrator password for performing the required task.
Steps for making a backup of wireless network settings from your computer:
· Click on the Start button and select Control panel from the Start menu.
· Then Click on Network and Internet option present in the Control Panel window
· Then open Network and Sharing Center. You can also open it through the taskbar.
1. Click on the icon located at the right side of the taskbar.
· Then network and Sharing center window appears on your screen, it contains the list of network connection available for your computer setup/laptop.
· On the right pane of Network and Sharing window click on the Manage wireless Networks option.
· Then a new window will appear on your screen which contains the list of wireless networks used in the past. Now make a double click on the network for which you want to create backup.
· Under the connection tab in the bottom half of the window you have to click on the hyperlink Copy this network profile to a USB flash drive.
· Then this will trigger “Copy Network Settings Wizard” and you have to plug your USB flash drive then wait until flash drive is detected by your computer. Then click on the Next button.
· This will initiates the copying process and the network files will be copied in some time depending upon the amount of data.
· Then click on the close button to complete the procedure.
· After completion of process the wireless network settings are saved in your USB flash dive as folder with name SMRTNKY and executable application file with name ‘setupSNK.exe’.
Procedure for importing Wireless network Settings to another computer:
· Insert the USB flash drive on your computer and wait until it is detected by your computer.
· Then open the USB drive folder containing wireless network settings.
· Make a double click on the executable file ‘setupSNK.exe’.
· Then a new dialog box will appears containing message to add particular wireless network settings to your computer. Click on Yes to initiate the process and this will add configuration file related to wireless network settings
· Now you will get a confirmation message that some wireless network settings are added to your computer. Then click on Ok button to complete the process.
So by following the above mentioned steps you can successfully import the Wireless network setting from on computer to another computer .I have tried these steps on my own computer and this procedure works flawlessly. If you have any problem related to the procedure then you can contact to the some of the well renowned companies. They also provide reliable software solution for solving this purpose. By using the computer maintenance tools provided by them you can enhance the performance and speed of the computer. They also provide 24*7 support for 365 days.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.