Reset Windows XP Password with Disk
If you forget or lose your Windows XP password, you can reset Windows XP password by using a password reset disk. In this article we show you 2 methods to create a Windows XP password reset disk. Then you can reset your forgotten Windows XP password with the disk on your own.
Option 1: Create disk in Control Panel
Windows XP allows user to create a password reset disk in control panel. So you can create a Windows XP password reset disk in a matter of seconds if you know the password. And when you forget the Windows XP password, you can use the disk to reset the forgotten password. Here we show you how to create and use such a disk.
To create password reset disk
1. Insert an USB flash drive into your computer.
2. Open User Accounts by clicking Start > "Control Panel" > "User Accounts".
3. Pick the user account that you want to create the password reset disk for.
4. In the Related Tasks area on the left, click "Prevent a forgotten password".
5. Follow the steps in the Forgotten Password Wizard to create a password reset disk.
To reset Windows XP password
1. Turn on the computer and insert the password reset disk.
2. Input a wrong password when you attempt to log on.
Windows will display a message that the password is incorrect.
3. Click "use your password reset disk" on the message.
4. Follow the simple instructions to reset Windows XP password.
If you forget your password again, you can use the same disk. You don't need to make a new one. The problem of this method is that you cannot create the disk after you forget the password. If you've forgotten the Windows XP password, This method could not help.
Option 2: Create disk with software
Windows password reset software is another option for you. You can use the software to create a password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive. And you do not need to know the old password. There is plenty of Windows password reset software. Here We take Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery as an example. With this efficient software, you can reset Windows XP password in less than 5 minutes.
1. Download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery.
2. Burn a password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Boot the locked computer from the password reset disk.
4. Reset Windows XP password by following the instructions.
There is no need to reinatall the Windows XP system when you forget your Windows XP password. You can easily perform Windows XP password recovery by using a Windows XP password reset disk. It just takes you a few minutes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR