Steps to check computer browsing history
Checking or managing computer browsing history is a good way to keep a watch on users using the internet on your computer. The different types of browsers used in browsing internet are internet explorer Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome and so on.
Lots of responsibilities come as you become a father, giving your child proper values, food, shelter, education and so on. New generation kids are more advanced as they are born in this new technical era. Proper guidance and check on them will definitely nourish their present and bright their future. As every one of us use computer and internet and our Children too use them. So it is very necessary to keep a watch on them , what they are surfing or doing on computers, as lots of adult pages and sites are available on computer, so proper watching will help us in guiding them in right direction.
Checking the history depends on what type of internet browser you are using on your computer. The different types of browsers used in browsing internet are internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome and so on. The steps to check history on them are as follows,
For internet explorer:
· Click on the tool tab in internet explorer 7.
· You will come across explorer bar tab in the drop down box; move your mouse cursor over the tab.
· Click on the history tab there.
· A history side bar will appear containing all the browsing history according to the date.
· Click on the particular date, you will see list of all the websites visited on that date.
· Scroll down to see the URL or the name of every website that was visited.
For Mozilla Firefox:
· Launch the browser by double click on Mozilla Firefox.
· Click on 'History' tab on the text menu bar at the top of the browser.
· Scroll down to see the list of websites visited in the library box.
· Click on View tab. You will see the 'Sidebar' tab.
· Click on the side bar tab, you will see the option for history.
· Click on history, you can also make use of the shortcut 'Ctrl + H' to view the History sidebar.
· In the History sidebar, you can check the browsing history by date.
For Google chrome:
· Open Google Chrome new tab or window.
· Click "Show full history" link in the bottom of the Google Chrome web browser window.
· Click "Customize and Control Google Chrome" menu.
· Click "History" button.
These are the ways by which you can check the history of your browser. If you want to delete them, you can also do so. The steps to delete internet browsing history are as follows,
For Google chrome:
· Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
· Select Tools.
· Select Clear browsing data.
· Select the "Clear browsing history" checkbox in the dialogue box that appears.
· Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data you want to delete. Select beginning of time to clear your entire browsing history.
· Click Clear browsing data.
Friends these are the ways by which you can manage the history of your internet browser. If you face any sort of problem related with this or computers you can visit site www.impcsupport.com, it provides online windows support, technical support, protection tools and so on.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Bella Martin received the Master degree in software engineering in 2006 and currently serving as a software engineer at Impcsupport. She provides informative articles on Online PC Support, PC technical support, windows support, protection tools and software’s.