Steps to connect two computers
Connecting two computers is just like creating a private network between computers to share your files, documents, movies and so on. You can do so with the help of Ethernet cable or by USB cable.
Hey, it’s not a tedious job to connect two computers, nor you require an IT expert to this for you. It’s just gonna very easy as you follow my instructions. The concept is very easy just you have to set up a private network between computers to share your files, documents, movies and bla, bla, bla. While you precede further let me remind you that it varies from OS to OS, you are using on your computer. Here, I will explain each and every step for different operating systems, just go on reading this article.
Steps to connect two computers for windows are as follows,
· Use an Ethernet crossover cable to make direct connections between two Ethernet ports of your computers.
· Be sure to open network and sharing center in windows 7, if you are connecting windows 7 and vista.
Ø Click start button.
Ø Then, click control panel.
Ø Type network, in the search box.
Ø Then, click on “network and sharing center”.
· Select your network by double clicking on the unidentified network icon, shown at top of the network and sharing center.
· Turn on network discovery and file sharing.
· Select private network in network discovery and file sharing dialogue box.
Steps to connect two Macintosh computers are as follows,
· Use an Ethernet cable, if Ethernet ports are their, and if not, use an Auto-Medium Dependent Interface Crossover cable to connect two Mac computers.
· In the network preferences panel, select show network port configurations and check built-in Ethernet configuration.
· Activate personal file sharing by opening the sharing preference panel on any one of the computer.
· Pen down the computer address shown in the panel.
· On the other computer, look for a finder window, and click the network icon in the side bar.
· Look for the name of first computer and then click ok on it.
· Then enjoy sharing!
Friends these are the ways by which you can connect two computers for sharing data. If you wish to share any files, right click on the folder and choose sharing to make them shared. If your computer does not have the Ethernet port, you can use an USB to Ethernet adaptor to make a connection to your computer. You can also connect more then two computers with the help of switches. While connecting two computers if however you get any problem in your Ethernet port, you can install the latest drivers by following the steps below,
· Click start menu, type “device manager” and click to open it.
· Double click on “network adaptors” option.
· Right click on Ethernet controller and choose properties.
· Click “driver tab”, and select “update driver” option.
· Install latest driver and click ok.
Friends, these are the steps by which you can connect two computers to share your data, if you face any sort of problem and needs technical support you can call me on my toll free number 1-855-352-1816, at any time 24x7. You can even visit website www.impcsupport.com, it provides online technical support, windows maintenance tools, software’s and so on.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.