Steps to record TV programs with a laptop and watch it on your HDMI TV
With the help of HDMI cable, a source signal such as cable TV box and a TV tuner, you can record your TV program on laptop and can watch it later on your HDMI TV.
HDMI is high definition multimedia interface used for transferring digital video and audio data from an HDMI digital compliant device to a compatible digital audio device, computer monitor or digital television. It’s very easy to connect a laptop to a HDMI TV and watch favourite movie of your laptop on it, but do you know it is also possible to record your favourite TV serials on laptop using HDMI and you can watch it later according to your wish on TV.
The steps to record TV programs with a laptop (windows 7) using HDMI are as follows,
· Get a HDMI cable, a source signal such as cable TV box and a TV tuner.
· Select your TV tuner, if external one then plug in into the USB port of your computer, and if internal install inside your computer.
· Connect one end of your coaxial cable to the TV tuner and other end to the TV signal source (cable TV box).
· Watch the TV programs through windows media center installed in your windows 7 computer.
· Record the programs you want to watch later.
· Get the HDMI cable and connect its one end with the HDMI output port your computer and other to the HDMI input port of your TV.
· Connect an audio cable directly to your TV’s audio input port, if your laptop's audio output is a 3.5-mm jack marked with a headset icon or to an external speaker if it doesn’t.
· Restart your laptop and watch your favourite TV programs according to your wish.
Friends, recording in your computer remains as long as you want, just set it to “until I delete” option in the setting of your program info screen. Some times it is possible that there is no hard disk space available for your TV programs to get recorded, in this case you have to go to the setting and create space by deleting the earlier stored programs or you can connect an external hard disk if you still need enough space. The steps to do so are as follows,
· On the start screen scroll to tasks.
· Click settings, click TV, click recorder and then click recording defaults.
· Adjust one or all of the settings, by clicking the – or + buttons.
· Then click save.
Friends, you can even find out how many hours of recorded TV content can fit on your computer, just go to the recorder storage and under record on drive, select a drive by clicking – or + button, windows media center will automatically displays available storage and recording time available.
If you still face any sort of problem in setting this, even if you have followed the steps explained above, you can call me on my toll free no. 1-855-352-1816, or you can visit our website www.impcsupport.com for any technical support. It also provides windows maintenance tools, protection tools and software’s.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
1. Bella Martin received the Master degree in software engineering in 2006 and currently serving as a software engineer at Impcsupport. She provides informative articles on Online PC Support, PC technical support, windows support, computer maintenance tools and software’s.