What you must know about Microsoft Security Essential??
MSE stands for Microsoft Security Essentials is antivirus and antimalware program designed by Microsoft which will protect your computer from virus, malware and spywares.
Computer Security is the most common concern and in today’s world most of the people relies on antivirus(AV) program. Norton, Avast, AVG are the world leading companies which provide best antivirus solution for computer setups. Antivirus Program are available in two formats: Free version and the paid version. Free version offers limited deterrence and is valid for limited period of time. You always need to upgrade it with the time. The free version is not capable enough to provide you enough protection against the potential threats like Virus, spyware, Trojans, root kits etc. Where as the Paid AVs version protect your PC against these harmful threats but for getting this security you have to pay a very hefty amount. In this article I will let you know about the alternative you can select without spending a single penny. If you are searching for reliable, cost free antivirus program then you must take a look at “Microsoft Security Essential”.
“Microsoft Security Essential” is a reliable antivirus and antimalware program build by Microsoft which protects your computer from harmful threats. It scans your computer daily and notifies any problem detected. MSE regularly checks for updates about new virus definition and update itself three times a day.
Hardware requirement for installing MSE on your computer setup:
· First of all it requires computer monitor display with at least 800 X 600 pixels
· 200 Mb of Free hard drive space and an internet connection for downloading updates provided by Microsoft Security Essentials.
· The minimum requirements for installing MSE on Windows XP requires are : 500 MHz processor, 256 M b of RAM.
· The minimum requirements for installing MSE on Windows Vista / 7 requires are : 1 GHz processor and 1 G b of RAM.
Features of Microsoft Security Essential:
· MSE protects your computer from all types of malware, spyware, virus, adware.
· MSE is latest beta version available for both 32 and 64 bit computer setup.
· MSE supports all the Windows operating system including Window 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP based computer setups.
· MSE offers real time protection and constantly monitors program & files regularly on your computer.
How to install Microsoft Security Essential on a Computer Setup:
1. First of all you have to download all MSE from Microsoft website link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download
2. Now trigger the setup and you have to click on “I Accept” to approve the license agreement and validate that you are using the genuine copy of Windows.
3. Then after completion of process Update will start automatically and it immediately update itself with the latest antivirus definitions provided by Microsoft.
4. MSE regularly scans your computer setup and notify you regarding the problems detected by displaying in the notification area at the right bottom of task bar.
· MSE with Green background: This indicates your computer setup is protected against harmful threats.
· MSE with Red background: This indicates your computer is at risk and some malwares is detected in your computer setup.
· MSE with Yellow background: This indicates your computer is not protected and you need to scan your computer setup.
But there are some rogue software which appears to be original in first look but they are trap created by hackers. “Security Essential 2010” is the one of the popular rogue software which contains Trojans for carrying spyware, malware and adware.
Apart form AV programs you can also use computer maintenance tools which can enhance the speed as well as performance your computer. If you face any problem in implementing the procedure then you can visit www.impcsupport.com. They provide online technical support for all Windows OS computer setups.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.