How to Make A Good First Date Impression
There are many ways on how to keep your date hooked up on you. Below are just some of the things to keep in mind to let that phone ring right after the first rendezvous.
RULES FOR MEN
- Time keeping: Try your best to reach on time as waiting can put off the good mood of your date. This rule is applicable to both girls and guys equally.
- Groomed: Wear tidy and comfortable clothes and make sure that you are well-groomed. Keep 'Cowboy looks' at bay. Bad breath is another thing to watch out for.
- Be courteous: Be polite not only to your date, but, also to every other human being. Whether it's the guy serving you or the one driving you around.
- Compliments: Pay genuine compliments but don't go overboard with them.
- Eye contact: Maintain eye contact but don't stare. Men should firmly refrain from scrutinising the woman's body. "I was disgusted when the guy I'd once dated, kept running his eyes all over my body," 'avers mass media student, Christopher.
- Switch off your mobile: Keep your cell phone switched off or on the vibration mode. Call centre executive, Ellen K says, "I was bugged when the cell phone of my boyfriend kept on buzzing during our dinner date and I had to request him to turn off his cell in order to have some uninterrupted conversation."
- Do not booze: Keep count of alcohol. Avoid drinking till the drooling stage and try to limit yourself to a couple of drinks for being on a safer side.
RULES FOR WOMEN
- Appearance: In order to look attractive, many girls end up wearing a 'plastic look' with layers of makeup. Avoid heavy makeup and flashy outfits.
- Listen: Listen attentively to what your date is saying without interrupting him. IT professional Kevin Sharp says, "In the middle of the conversation, I realised that my girlfriend was not even paying attention to what I was saying, which gave an impression that she was just not interested in me. It turned out to be our last date."
- Avoid too many questions: Don't shower your date with a series of questions, especially questions related to his past relationships. Discuss interesting and non-controversial topics. Do not be too inquisitive about his personal life.
- Dinning etiquette: Table manners and dinning etiquette are imperative on a dinner date. Avoid slurping on noodles please!
- No strong fragrances: Don't walk around like a perfume factory. Avoid sharp fragrances if you're unsure about your date's tastes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michael Douglas is a dating expert and the webmaster of http://www.datersmanual.com where he provides dating tips, first date advice, cheap and romantic date ideas, dating etiquettes and much more.