10 Methods for Free Advertising
When you are just starting out with your online business, marketing can be a tough sell for your pocketbook. You may not have the kind of budget you need to get the word out about your product or service. However, you can market your new site and your expertise with no cost to you except some time and effort. Here are ten effective ways to market your site for free:
1. Search engine submission – This should be your first step when you create a website. Avoid any services that charge you to submit to a number of sites. Most of these sites are too small to bother with and you can find the larger ones on your own. Also submit to niche sites, such as search engines for your area or industry.
2. Linking – Establish a links page on your site as soon as possible. This will allow you to swap promotion with other relevant and quality sites.
3. Blogging – This form of updating your site is a wonderful way to stay in touch with clients and potential clients. You can post as often as you like and the more posts you have, the more hits you will get on search engines when people search for the topic of your post.
4. Newsletter – This is one of the best ways to build a loyal customer base. You can start an informative newsletter that will go out to a targeted audience. Start a sign up box on every page of your website to let people submit their email addresses. They will pass the newsletter to others if it is of good quality.
5. Viral marketing – Viral marketing is the use of products sold online to spread the word about your site. You can sell ebooks, samples, and mini courses that will include links and references to your website.
6. Forums and bulletin boards – Post regularly on forums and bulletin boards that target your potential customer base. You are not allowed to promote your site in these posts, but you can use a signature that includes your web address or perhaps some link to a viral marketing product. Check with the forum guidelines before you post.
7. Article distribution – Write some articles with your customer base in mind. They will consider you an expert and refer to you for future needs. You will get a signature section where you can tout your expertise or promote your product and link to your site. You can find article distribution sites by searching on the web.
8. Article swapping – You should always allow for rewrites of your articles with the inclusion of your bio at the bottom. This will spread the word and allow for multiple publications. Also reprint the articles of related experts on your blog or in your newsletter to encourage reciprocation.
10. Networking – There are online business networking opportunities available today that allow you to join and reap the benefits of swapping articles and job leads.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ATTENTION! I am giving away $2,446.13 worth of marketing tools and products and over $5,010.64 worth of resale rights. Demand is great and memberships are going fast!http://www.madmarketer.com/diane