Professional Keyword Research
Effective Keyword Research Can Make the Difference Between Online Success and Dismal Failure. Find Out the Top Tips for Supercharging Your Keyword Research...
If you don't target your keyword phrases effectively then you will be wasting both time and effort, performing tasks that will never pay off no matter how hard you try.
Here are some points to consider when conducting your keyword research:
1. Consider which tools you are going to use and save them to a one of your favourites folders for easy and frequent access. There are even some tools out there that allow you to download a tool bar with all the tools readily available. There are numerous free tools, many of which are very useful. I personally, use a tool called Keyword Elite to conduct my online keyword research.
2. What keyphrases are you going to target? - If you have very few resources available and are new to online marketing then it is advisable that you target 'long tail' keyword phrases. These are keyword phrases with 3-5 words, which make them a lot less competitive and easier to attain top rankings in the search engines.
3. Use a variety of keyword phrases for each campaign - Are you using the keywords in your website content or are they primarily for backlinking text? I would find two or three less competitive keyword phrases for each target market and use these to create backlinks through article submissions. Then, take ten different variations of these keyword phrases and use them in your website content.
4. Target profitable keyword phrases - Obviously the main aim of keyword research is to find profitable keywords. How can we do that? One effective way to target buyers and also find less competitive search terms is to find keyword phrases that contain certain words like, 'buy' as in 'buy keyword research tool'.
5. Find untapped markets - Many of your competitors will be targeting all the same keyword phrases. This is where they fall down. Find obscure phrases that your target are already searching for and go after these by specifically writing articles based on these to achieve better or top search engine rankings. One good way to do this is by scanning your current website visitors and finding the keyword terms that sent them to your site.
Keyword research is only a beginning in building a profitable online business but it is an aspect of your marketing that cannot be overlooked. Effective keyword research is essential to ensure your business becomes a huge success and not a dismal failure.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mal Keenan is Owner of Easy Home Based Business. To Check Out His Most Powerful, HIGHLY Effective Keyword Research Tool Click the Link Below: Professional Keyword Research