Email Marketing for INBOX; not for SPAM
Almost every business nowadays are using EMAIL or SMS marketing. Many companies are sending unsolicited bulk email and SMS for promoting their business. Do you think this kind of spamming will genera...
Almost every business nowadays are using EMAIL or SMS marketing. Many companies are sending unsolicited bulk email and SMS for promoting their business.
Do you think this kind of spamming will generate sales? Absolutely NO.
According to Time Magazine, "Unsolicited junk email now accounts for 10 percent of all Internet traffic and up to 30 percent of the 26 million daily messages on America Online."
You must use your own opt-in list for your email marketing.
Things to remember in your email marketing to reach recipients’ INBOX:
1. Collect email addresses from your Web site, product download page, blog registration, forum registration, from your inbox (those who have enquired about your product).
2. Group your email list based on product/subject categories to avoid sending non-interest emails. You must always use your company name, valid address and contact number in your newsletter.
3. Must send newsletter from your company email account. Avoid sending emails from free mails like Yahoo or Gmail. You must always have an unsubscription link in your email.
4. If the user unsubscribed from your list, you must stop sending emails to that email address.
5. Avoid sending same message multiple times to same email ID.
6. Many email clients will not allow attachments while receiving and may mark such email as SPAM or move to JUNK folders. You need to avoid attachments to reach your subscribers’ inbox.
7. Try to reduce the email content in order to deliver fast and also to improve readers count. Make simple and clear text message with link to your site regarding the announcement.
8. Email Marketing best practices is to avoid SPAM and reaching recipients’ inbox. Text emails are faster than HTML emails and may avoid many SPAM issues.
9. Avoid SPAM filtered words in your article to reach your audiences.
Good luck for your Internet marketing success !
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Abraham, Software Engineer, currently working in email marketing software express product development. Has extensive experience in software development from small scale to high scale enterprise applications in various domains using Java EE technologies.