Top 10 tips to consider when choosing corporate entertainment during a recession -
Given the current climate and reduced budgets with many events this year, we are constantly being asked for tips about the best way to do a deal for entertainment during a recession and here are our Top 10 Tips to consider when on a budget and getting the best price for your event -
1) See if the artists will do a deal, ask when booking a band to for the reception and post dinner entertainment will they offer a discount.
2) If you are supplying full production ask the artists for a full discount on the PA system.
3) If the event is taking place beside the home location of the band, will they offer a reduction in the norrmal fee as there is very little travel costs?
4) Look at scaling down size of band, a 6 piece should be a lot cheaper that an 8 piece,
5) Look for sponsorship from some regular clients and get them involved in promoting your party or event.
6) Are there any inhouse musicians in your company that may have an interest in performing at the event.
7) Are there any entertainers or bands who have approched you recently? Would they be willing and interested in having a preview night and gaining some exposure.
9) If an artist was previously booked for a few events that you may have had maybe approach the artist and see if they will consider a reduction as you are a repeat customer.
10) Finally… don’t bury head in the sand! Everyone understands the current position and “if thou shall not ask thou shall not receive”!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark Downing is CEO of Ireland’s largest independent Entertainment Booking Agency http://www.audionetworks.ie