Top ten tips for surviving the recession in Entertainment - Pay Peanuts get a Monkey!
The last three months have been very difficult for everybody in general and we have alot of people constantly asking us for advice about booking a band in this recession. We have put our heads together and have come up with our top ten tips -
1) When booking a band see if the band agents will offer an off peak
discount for the band if the event is on Sunday to Thursday
2) If its an early event , pre 6pm, see if they offer a discount.
3) Is there a sound system on site? This could save money as generally a band will have to hire a PA system if a hotel is unable to provide one.
4) If your budget is tight, ask to reduce number of members in the band, this however will usually only apply to larger bands.
5) Book a few acts through one company and you may be entitled to a further discount.
6) Ask is there a discount for payment in advance.
7) Ensure the fee that you are quoted is inclusive of all travel and band expenses
8) See if band will do a two hour set stright through, no break!
9) What business are you in? Could you barter something with the band or agent?
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark Downing is CEO of Ireland’s largest independent Entertainment Booking Agency http://www.audionetworks.ie.