Does vaginal discharge increase during pregnancy?
When a woman becomes pregnant, her body has to undergo various changes. One of those changes is the vaginal discharge. Although, this discharge doesn’t cause any danger, a kind of inconvenience is pro...
1. Excess discharge is mainly caused due to the secretions from the vagina and the cervix. There are old cells on the vaginal lining. Sometimes, there is normal bacterial flora from the vagina.
2. However, a protective barrier is created due to a mucus plug. This is a collection of secretions that are formed within the opening of the cervical canal.
3. There will be more vaginal discharge when a woman is getting closer to her labor during her pregnancy.
If there is an increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy, it is a good indication. It is just a part of being pregnant. The vagina is maintained healthy and clean by the body. However, when the cervix starts to widen and dilute, a mucus plug will be emitted from it in the form of a gelatinous drop. This will look like an egg white. Sometimes, this discharge will also be accompanied with a drop of blood. However, woman must not bother this condition because it is absolutely normal during pregnancy.
1. Sometimes it is not easy to differentiate the leakage of amniotic fluid with the mucus. The vaginal discharge during pregnancy is surely more.
2. Therefore, a physician must be consulted when a woman is having doubts. If this condition is neglected, severe problems can be created for the baby.
3. The physician must be consulted immediately even if an increase in the vaginal discharge is noticed during pregnancy. This discharge may become bloody and watery before the 37th week of pregnancy. This can also be a sign of pre-term labor
4. If the vaginal discharge during pregnancy increases and is accompanied by lower abdominal pains, they are the signs of entering pre-term labor.
5. Sometimes, the vaginal discharge may also cause a lot of burning and itching. If left untreated, it may lead to yeast infection.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
You can read in this article about vaginal discharge during pregnancy, also read more on problems during pregnancy by visiting Onlymyhealth.