Don't Buy Baby Gift Baskets, Make Them Yourself
Instead of giving a baby gift that goes unnoticed, create a beautiful baby gift basket that will stand out from the crowd and be sure to please any new mom.
Did you ever notice how some baby gifts stand out from the crowd while others seem to get lost in the pile of gifts? Baby gift baskets are nothing but a handful of gifts including toys, books, candy, etc. packed in a beautiful basket. But to buy baby gift baskets is not sufficient these days. The presentation is what matters the most. This has less to do with the cost of the baby gifts then with the way they are put together or presented.
Steps to Build a Beautiful Baby Gift Basket
To present a baby gift basket which looks unique and draws attention the following suggestions should be helpful:
1) While selecting the gifts to put in the basket one must carefully think about the current and important needs of the parents. For example, a coupon for baby sitting, especially at night, can be a very good option.
2) One can show his or her creativity by putting together a nursing survival kit comprising breast pads, lansinoh cream, and a copy of "The Womanly Art of Breast Feeding".
3) Another option is to create a sleep-time baby gift basket consisting of a soft baby blanket, a white noise CD and a miracle blanket.
4) One must be very particular about providing everything which will be needed by the parents to enjoy the gift. For example, if the presents requires a set of batteries, then it would be nice to include a small package of batteries.
5) The ideal baby gift basket should be the one which doesn't require any work on the part of the parents to enjoy.
6) It would be nice to include the gift receipt in the basket in case the parents get two or three similar baby gifts so it will be easy to exchange it for a different one.
7) A card mentioning the full name and address of the person presenting the gift should be in the basket so it will help the parents keep track of the gifts and return a thank you note if they choose.
8) It is important that if one doesn't know the family very well, then he or she should not send a personalized gift. With a personalized gift, too often the name gets misspelled. For example, names like John and Kathy can be spelled as Jon and Cathy. Moreover, it's very difficult to know by what name the parents call the baby. If they named her Margaret, but are used to calling her by a nickname like Peggy, then it's possible that the child would never get a gift with Margaret engraved or embroidered on it.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Isaac Rubins makes it easy to find the perfect gift for that special baby. Visit http://www.BuyBabyGiftWeb.com/buy-baby-gift-articles.php for more great ideas and to receive other special offers.