Funny 50th Birthday Gifts that Will Make You Smile ©
Turning 50 is no trivial event. Lighten the midlife mood with these five funny 50th birthday gifts that will make the birthday guy or gal smile as well as the 50th birthday party guests.
Have a special person in your life who is turning 50 this year, but is maybe not so thrilled about it? Make it a more cheerful occasion with some great funny (and fun!) 50th birthday gifts!
1) You can put together a little “cosmetics aid to aging” gift basket. How about some large plastic tweezers labeled for those ear hairs that are sure to sprout up? You can easily get some coarse sand paper at your local hardware store. What’s that for? Why wrinkle remover, of course! Clear surgical tape is an easy find. Packaged & labeled with directions, this becomes “instant facelift” when applied at the hairline! A bottle of hair styling serum relabeled becomes hair replenishing tonic, suntan lotion can be labeled “specifically for that coming bald spot” or here’s one I remember seeing advertised in the back of magazines when I was young– an ace bandage with directions to wrap around the jaw, over the head to help keep that jaw line firm (it also helps with snoring by keeping the person’s mouth closed at night!!)
2) Is your friend a literary sort of person? How about a funny 50th birthday poem to mark this special birthday? One that humorously addresses this milestone date is sure to lift spirits and get a laugh. Not so great at poetry writing yourself? Find a store that has great gag poems that you can personalize with a few lines and add the person’s name right into the body of the poem! Framed and displayed on a wall or table, it will give them a chuckle every time it catches their eye!
3) What about a 50th birthday shirt they’ll proudly wear with a positive slogan about turning 50? Or maybe an over-the-hill shirt that lists all those things we know are happening (or going to happen!) but will do so in a way that makes your 50 year old laugh!
4) If you’re looking for something a bit more unusual to give that wonderful birthday gal or guy, how about a vanity license plate that proclaims how good life is after 50? Or if your birthday person is a golfer, some golf balls that not only say Happy Birthday, but how wonderful it is to be 50!
5) Whether your buy a gift or create one, make labels for these fun items on your computer, but be sure to use extra small print (it’s easy to find labels at an office supply place, or bring in to be printed). Then as the person squints to read it (geez, how quickly we need to change those bifocals!) hand them a magnifying glass wrapped up with a ribbon. This will not just come in handy for this delightfully funny gift, but as a useful tool in the years to come!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lisa Klima is the owner of OvertheHillGifts.com which specializes in milestone birthday gifts, 50th birthday gifts and funny 50th birthday poems for everyone to enjoy.