Great Holiday Shopping Tips
The holidays are just around the corner so make the most of your shopping experience and start now. Shopping for the holidays can be extremely overwhelming, very tiring and it can be quite costly if you do not know where to look and how to get those great deals.
2. Price check. The internet makes it so easy to compare sites and stores out there before you buy what you are looking for.
3. Start now and put things away. I always start at the end of summer and put things away. This way you do not feel it so hard financially.
4. Make a list of who you are getting gifts for and what you plan to get them. Do not just go out to a store or go on a site and get items randomly. Talk to your relatives about gift giving for the holiday season. For example, my family has all agreed that it will all be about the kids this year. No adults will be getting each other gifts – it is about the grandkids, nieces and nephews. Of course my husband and I will exchange gifts but extended family will be all about the kids.
5. Why not be creative and make your own gifts. I made beautiful Swarovski crystal jewelry last year for my relatives and they loved it. If I would have bought the jewelry I made in the specialty stores I would have spent $100’s of dollars on them. If you have special talents then when not use it!
6. Know where to shop online – if you are looking for that trendy Elmo doll or those adorable Playmobil Toys then go to toy sites that are going to cater to kids. Do not just go to that generic website that sells everything from food to clothing to toys. And always find those discounts and coupon codes…they are out there but you have to search for them. If you are shopping online there are also ways to make money as well with cash back rewards using certain credit cards. Always check for shipping charges and be sure to look at the return policies.
7. Think about next year….create a fund or a special savings account. Or even put all your daily spare change in a jar. That really does add up quite a bit.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Author Kimberly Green can always find something kids love from Playmobil Toys