Mom Stress Relief: Tips To Help You Through The Day
Get stress relief and stress management options specifically for mothers, whether they stay-at-home to look after their children or work outside the home in paid employment. All mothers need help in easing the many demands of life.
Moms are the busiest people on the planet. From getting the kids off to school to going to basketball games to overseeing sleepovers, in addition to the moms who also work outside the home, a mom's feet never seem to stay still.
With this almost frantic pace, increased stress levels are natural, impacting many areas of life such as work, family, and other relationships. Stress can cause one to experience irritability, impatience, and distractibility. For busy moms, stress management is a necessity. Here are eight tips to assist in living a more stress-free life.
1. Determine, no matter what, to schedule time for yourself. For some busy moms, maybe it's a soothing bubble bath at the end of the day, when Dad can watch the kids for a while. For others, it could be a quick trip to the local nail salon while the kids are in school. The activity really doesn't matter as long as busy moms take some time for themselves.
2. Listen to calm, soothing music on the way to work, while at work, and while going to sleep. Music has a way of calming and soothing the mind body.
3. Practice deep abdominal breathing periodically throughout the day. Breath in deeply through the nose pulling the belly button toward the spine, hold for a few seconds, and then slowly release. Busy moms will be pleasantly surprised at how this simple technique can result in a more relaxed body and mind.
4. Exercise Needs To Be A Priority. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and manage your energy levels. It doesn't have to be a big deal. It could be bouncing on a mini trampoline while the kids watch TV or going for a walk or just deliberately parking further away so you get the chance to squeeze in a walk.
5. Eat Healthy. There are foods that promote calmness as well as foods that increase stress levels. Busy moms should ask themselves if they are consuming too much sugar or caffeine, and if they are getting enough protein. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables and staying away from refined and processed foods also help. Healthy eating is very important for any busy mom. Taking a look at your eating habits and making the necessary changes can result in increased optimal health.
6. Call a friend. It is always important to have at least one relationship where Mom can just vent and know that a listening ear and unconditional acceptance will be given.
7. Calm Your Thoughts. Our thoughts create the lives we live so be aware of what you think about. Abraham said 'Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want'. What are you creating with your worries?
8. Have a sense of humor. We all are familiar with the saying, "Laughter is the best medicine." This is so true! Be willing to laugh at personal mistakes, or a toddler's antics. Watch a funny movie. Share a joke with a friend. Lighten up! It will make such a difference.
Any busy mom can follow the above eight tips for a more stress-free life!
Article Tags: Busy Moms
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mom stress occurs every day but little attention is given to it. Its just considered part of mothering. But there is help available because moms need stress relief just like everyone else. For stress management for moms visit: www.momstressrelief.com