Putting Together a Home Cleaning Checklist
When challenged with cleaning your entire house, it can be overwhelming. Your key to a successful and clean home starts with being organized and efficient. Using a Home Cleaning Checklist will keep you on task and provide you with direction. Below are some suggestions to help you stay on track.
1. Write a checklist starting with your most important cleaning chores that need your attention. You can print a checklist from the internet by typing “Home Cleaning Checklist” in the Google toolbar if you don’t want to write one yourself.
2. On your checklist start with a headline of your first area of your home. Title the section with the name of the room, like Master Bedroom, Bathroom, Kitchen or Living Room etc. I suggest underlining the Title for emphasis. Under these titles you will write down your tasks in their respective category.
3. List all the cleaning chores under each main title, such as lamp shades dusted and wiped down under “Living Room”.
5. Last but not least. Jot down any cleaning supplies you might need to complete your chores. Be sure to review what you already have to ensure time and money savings. There is nothing worse than going to the cupboard or pantry and finding two of this or three of that.
6. Add a cleaning schedule to your Home Cleaning Checklist if you have time restraints. Write in the time you would like to start cleaning these sections or areas of your home. Make sure you write down hourly goals for each section or whatever time you will think is necessary to complete each chore.
7. Draw a box next to the time of day to check off the entire area of your home when you are all finished. I like to hang my home cleaning checklist on the fridge. Then I can check off each item as I go. Happy Cleaning!Note: If you have anyone living with you or you have children get them involved. Let them be a part of the planning and give them daily jobs too. This makes cleaning a lot of fun and you will actually look forward to planning your daily cleaning schedule and writing your cleaning checklist.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
A Super Mom and Clean Freak working towards the greater good.