Top Recommended Home Alarm and Home Security System Features
The 10 most important home security alarm devices for diy home alarm systems and professionally for professionally installed home alarm and fire alarm systems.
A man's home is his castle, as the saying goes. But homes today don't normally feature ramparts, drawbridges, moats and six-foot thick stone walls to keep out unwanted visitors. Today, a home security alarm, and preferably a monitored home alarm system, is needed to ensure your home's security. Not only does installing a home burglar alarm system improve the safety of your family and possessions, but it can also decrease your home insurance costs. The Top Ten Home Alarm and House Security Devices list highlights ten devices and features of home security alarm systems that can make your house a safer place.
The Top Ten 10 Home Security Alarm Items:
1. Smoke Alarms - Provide a second layer of safety and security to your household, particularly when they are incorporated into the home security system. Not only do smoke detectors indicate a fire and give you time to escape safely, but when included in a home security package, they automatically notify the managing company and the fire department. Some systems even integrate the power supply to the smoke detectors. That means you will not have to ever replace the batteries!
2. Back-Up Power Supply - Is important in maintaining home security even during a power outage, when the risk of break-ins and looting is increased. Your home alarm should be effective even when your power is not. The easiest to maintain back-up power supplies use standard size batteries. Look for a model that uses rechargeable batteries to lower your maintenance costs.
3. Master Control Panel - Is vital to any home alarm system. The central hub of the system, the control panel is usually wall-mounted in an easily accessible place. The panel receives information from all other sensors and key pads, computes it, and transmits relevant information to the monitoring company. If you choose to arm the system from the panel when you leave the house, the master control panel also receives the disarm code when you return home. Some can even be disarmed by telephone!
4.Talking Devices - Help you to understand the status of your home and monitoring as well as program the system. Some security systems feature talking master control panels, key pads or remotes.
5. Installation, Monitoring, and Repair Services - These services increase not only the level of safety but the convenience of keeping your home safe. A house alarm alone cannot notify the police or fire department in the event of an emergency. The most complete systems include buttons to notify police departments, fire departments and medical help instantly. Another advantage offered by the best monitoring companies is live customer support and full service installation and repair of the system by employees who have been background checked, licensed and drug tested to ensure your safety. Finally, some companies even offer relocation services to keep you secure even when you move.
6. Wireless Systems - Protect your home without adding extra cable to trip over or extensive installation of in-wall alarm cable. In wireless home security alarm system magnetic alarm contacts, keypads and other devices transmit information to the master alarm control panel using radio signals or through available previously installed wiring in your residence. A burglar will never be able to disarm the system by snipping the alarm cable. This ensures the system is fully integrated and monitoring all parts of your home without using up your outlets or creating an obstacle course of alarm cable for you.
7. Key Pads - May not always be enough to keep burglars out. Magnetic Alarm Sensors on Windows and Doors decrease the chance of a home invader entering undetected and are a vital component of a residential security alarm system. The degree of security protection is elevated when Security Alarm Motion Detectors are installed within the residence. The most sophisticated security motion detectors include a feature to ignore pets' movement to avoid constantly setting the alarm off inadvertently.
8. Extra Key Pads - Are also important. Exterior mounted key pads can provide secure key less entry to your family. Some systems also offer remote control key pads which are lightweight and portable. A home alarm system that features a security code with a key pad increases the security of your home. A monitored system can also lock down entry after several repeated, failed attempts at entry which indicate a possible break-in attempt.
9. Yard Signs and House or Window Decals - Advertise your home's protection. The Greenwich Study of Residential Security found that homes without alarms were 2.7 to 3.5 times more likely to be burglarized, and that the most effective deterrent was the alarm monitoring company's yard sign (SIA Research Update, Security Industry Association, October 2001). Some choose to post the signs to deter possible break-ins without actually installing a home alarm system. While this effort will lower the odds of an attempted burglary, a yard sign alone cannot fully protect your home.
10. Extra Key Fobs and Remotes - Some home alarm systems include extras like Key Fobs and Remotes to control the system at a distance. Somewhat similar to a car's key fob, home security key fobs include buttons to activate and deactivate the house alarm system. Some even include a "panic" button that activates the house alarm and alerts the proper authorities in the event of an emergency. Remote controls are similar and often larger. The features of remotes vary greatly and can include a full key pad, a talking feature and a panic button as well. The talking feature may not result in great conversation, but it will help you understand your system a little better.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John Leo is an expert with over 30 years of experience in the low voltage, home security and home theater industry. He has managed the manufacturing and distribution of low voltage products during his career. His primary experience has been the manufacture and distribution of alarm, audio, coaxial and home theater email@example.com://www.worldwide-products.biz/