4 Steps to Retire Young
Would you like to be a young millionaire? Youth has its advantages and one of the biggest rewards is a powerful force that will almost ensure you become a young millionaire. There are simple steps you can take, when your young, that will help you harness the power of this force; making becoming a millionaire a breeze.
You can become a young millionaire with simple steps. Many people find this hard to believe because they don't know many millionaires; however do not buy into that belief. With some simple steps you can put yourself on the road to enjoying the perks of young millionaire status.
Just by following a consistent investment plan you could be enjoying the freedom that comes with being a young millionaire. A simple investment, in the overall stock market, could help you to retire young. Consider these examples:
- $149 invested each month starting when your 18 years old could make you a young millionaire at age 52.
- $687 invested each month starting when your 18 years old could make you a young millionaire at age 40.
Financially educated youth have tremendous advantages that average young adults don't have. Just by being aware that you can retire young with a simple investment strategy is enough to encourage some to take the necessary steps to reach young millionaire status.
Becoming a young millionaire is easy when you start young because you have the power of 'compounding interest' on your side. Compounding interest is defined as the interest earned from the initial money you personally invested plus the interest earned from the amount your investments have already returned. To clarify, the money that you already made from your investments starts to earn you money. So, year after year, you're making money off money you already made.
Investing young allows you to get the maximum benefit from compounding interest. Because you're making money (earning a return) on what your investments have already paid you, the younger you start the faster and larger your investment account may grow. That's why investing young gives you a huge advantage.
1) Savings. The first step on the road to becoming a young millionaire is to set up a simple savings plan. Pay yourself first by setting money aside into an investment before you start spending your paycheck. Getting in the habit of paying yourself first will benefit you your entire life and will help you retire young.
2) Invest young. Don't get caught up in thinking 'investing' is hard; it's actually easy. There are simple investments, available to the inexperienced, that will get you started investing young.
The stock market offers some investment vehicles that are lower-risk while offering the potential for long-term gains. One type of investment vehicle is known as broad based market index investments. These are investments in the overall market like the S&P 500 and NASDQ 100. For example, you can invest in all 500 stocks of the S&P 500 with one simple investment index investment vehicle. The S&P 500 index is one way for the non-professional investor, that doesn't have a lot of knowledge or time, to profit from the stock market.
3) Consistency. Simplicity equals consistency; and consistency is a major factor in becoming a young millionaire. Choosing a simple investment vehicle is the first step. Next it's simple a matter of modifying your investment account so your make consistent investments automatically.
There is a basic investment technique called 'dollar cost averaging'. This plan can be set up so it's automated. Contact your bank to set up your investment plan so each month a set amount of money is invested for you. The best part is that once this structure is set up you can sit back and just review your monthly statements. With a consistent investment plan you could reap huge profits over a long-term.
4) Multiply your money. The basic stock investment method mentioned above will get your money working for you immediately. For those of you looking to become a young millionaire sooner there are ways you can speed up this process. Learn about the investment vehicles discussed below and you will be able to afford the things you want sooner and achieve wealth at a faster pace.
A. Real estate. Real estate investments can be credited with making the majority of young millionaires. It gives you the power of leverage so you are making money of money the bank loaned you. When done right you could expect to double your investment each year! Just by purchasing real estate while you're young could easily make you a young millionaire.
B. Entrepreneurship. It's never been an easier time in history to start a business. Plus now day's you can have a global company with small initial investment. Entrepreneurs not only make money from their business each month but also they can sell all or part of their business for additional money.
You could start a business that earns you an extra few hundred a month or one that is your entire source of income. Either way it can help to secure your financial future plus give you greater cash flow now. What's more, there are tax benefits available to business owners that will keep more earned money in your pocket.
Becoming an entrepreneur can help you become a young millionaire and give you the luxury of being able to retire young.
The sooner you start investing the sooner you can become a young millionaire. You will find with a consistent investment plan retiring young will be easy. You have the power of compounding interest on your side that will do most of the work for you. The best part is you will be able to do what you want when you want, retire young, have free time and be able to afford the things that you really like. Start now and the take steps to become a young millionaire today!
Article Tags: Consistent Investment Plan, Retire Young, Young Millionaire, Consistent Investment, Investment Plan, Simple Investment, Each Month, Compounding Interest, Making Money, Investment Vehicle, Real Estate
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Vince Shorb, the leading young adult financial literacy expert, prepares young adults for the financial real world. His course 'Financially Free by 30' is the first interactive, multi-media curriculum designed specifically for high school and college-age clients. Get your free copy of his latest book and instructional videos at http://www.FreeBy30.com .