A bit of advice to change your Chicago office into a paperless and an eco-friendly office
For some time now IT experts have been saying that we are on the verge of the paperless office, an office that is conscious of the environment so doesn't use paper. Whether this prediction will come true or not is unclear but any office can cut back on paper and reap all of the benefits.
So if you are about to move your company to offices in Chicago then here are some top tips to make that office a modern, 21st century, paper-free office; created in collaboration with office-suites.com.
1) Firstly, determine where in Chicago is your closest recycling facility or service. You need to know where the facility is and which way to get there from the office. It is also a good idea to organise a collection service, as depending on where in Chicago you are based it might be quite a distance to the facility.
2) Next, try and use emails rather than snail mail. One of the most effective ways to cut back on your office paper consumption is to use emails and instead messaging instead of fax machines, memos and sending letters. If you use this method then you will be able to reduce office spending and you will also make workers a lot more productive as they won't have to wander through the office passing on a letter but instead they will be able to click the button to send that email.
3) Journals, marketing materials and even the local daily paper can all be read on the internet, which means there is no longer a need for a paper copy. This is the case as this use of paper is perhaps the most inefficient use of paper that there has ever been. This is because magazines and newspapers usually end up in the trash can anyway, so it is just like throwing money in the bin. And if you choose to have a digital copy sent by email then you can make use of articles in presentations or reports more easily than if you had a hard copy.
4) Perhaps you could try an office white board instead of post-its. Your staff will need somewhere to make notes and usually this is on a post-it note however in a paper-free office you might to buy a whiteboard and use that instead. A whiteboard is reusable and is a great way to make handy little notes or to jot down reminders. Therefore if you invest in a whiteboard you will be able to save a lot of money on the wasteful usage of office paper. So if you have just moved into a Chicago office from office-suites.com, then go to the nearest stationary shop for a white board.
5) Finally, reducing paper isn't just about A4 consumption it applies to so much. It may also mean using an air hand-dryer in the toilet instead of paper towels and by using ceramic cups instead of disposable paper cups. There are dozens of simple things you can do to cut back on the amount of paper you use, it could even be as simple as designating a corner of the office for the proper disposal of paper.
Just a few months ago one of the companies I work with relocated to a Chicago office and they made the most of the upheaval by using it as an opportunity to instil change paper usage habits. In the end the company saved quite a lot of money as their staff really got behind the initiative and supporting the new guidelines.
Article Tags: Chicago Office
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chicago office Ever since I was young I've shown a natural aptitude for writing and I have been fast to pick up on a range of writing methods. I have technical skills in a variety of online platforms as well as creating and eye-catching content. Furthermore, I liaise with technical staff and management teams on a regular basis.