Bad Credit Personal Loan and Bad Credit Loans
Bad credit personal loans are widely available these days. These are personal loans marketed to individuals with a poor credit score or poor credit history. A bad credit personal loan can be obtained through a lender who specializes in bad credit personal loans or through some banks.
Finding a Lender
A bad credit score puts a person behind the eight ball when it comes to finding a lender as well as a competitive interest rate. However, all hope is not lost as there are ways of shopping around to find a lender while preventing prospective lenders from making a credit inquiry.
Securing the Loan
1. Be sure to never give out your social security number because once prospective lenders have a social security number in hand, they will not hesitate to run a credit inquiry which results in another red mark on an already bad credit line.
2. Research prospective lenders online and then call before making a face to face visit.
3. Be honest with the loan officer but spare them your bad luck story.
4. Be prepared to state your case over the phone in a concise manner.
5. Show up to the face-to-face interview with your credit report in hand and go over the report with the prospective lender while making sure to accentuate the positives.
6. Make them aware of any changes in your lifestyle that you have recently made that would show them you are turning things around and making an effort to repair your bad credit.
7. Ask the prospective lender up front questions in order to determine whether or not they are truly interested in lending despite your questionable credit history.
8. Only after the lender genuinely seems positive about the chances of you securing a loan should you provide personal information and a social security number to the lender which would allow them to do a credit inquiry.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
About the author: Tony Reed is an expert in finance and writes on the topic of Credit & Loans, visit his website Bad credit loans & Credit repair for more information.
This article is free for republishing as long as you leave the article title, author name, body and resource box intact (means NO changes) with the links made active.