Types of Credit Cards:
Credit Cards are small sized plastic cards similar to ATM and Debit Cards. Using credit cards you can make purchase of goods and services. You do not have to pay bills by cash or from your savings at the time of purchase. Using these cards you can purchase goods and services on credit. The money which you have to return at the end of every month. You can select to pay the full amount of credit that you have borrowed from your credit card issuer or a minimum fixed amount every month. In case you pay only the minimum amount, you will be charged an interest on your outstanding balance. There is a credit limit set for you by your credit card issuer.
According to facilities provided with credit card, there are many types of credit cards are available. Most of banks in India provide different types of credit cards.
The cards can be divided based on
- The rewards and benefits offered with credit card by issuer bank.
- Income and spend requirements of the applicants.
Customers can choose any credit card that fulfills the need of customer them avail a lot of benefits and is an ideal match for their needs.
For example – If you go for outing for dinner most a lot, then a card which offers cash back on dinner can be best for you as it can help to save your money.
There are many payment networks which offer different types of credit cards by making collaboration with banks like - Visa, MasterCard, Maestro Card, American Express, Diner’s Club, etc.
Important Categories of Credit Cards:
Travel Credit Cards:
- Travel Cards
- Titanium Credit Cards
- Silver Credit Cards
- Prepaid Credit Cards
- Premium/Signature Credit Cards
- Platinum Credit Cards
- Gold Credit Cards
- Women Credit cards
- Classic Credit Cards
- Cashback Credit Cards
- Business Credit Cards
- Fuel Credit Cards
- Rewards Cards
Travel credit cards are offers unlimited travel benefits benefits in India as well as abroad. Banks have tied up with airline companies or travel companies to offer travel credit cards. Travel cards also provide travel insurance, hotel and holiday offers, dining offers etc.
Usage of this card provides access to airport lounges and to make travel transactions, they can earn air miles. The reward points earned on these cards can be converted to air miles, which can be used to book flight tickets and upgrade seats.
Some of the Travel Credit Cards:
Titanium Credit Cards:
- Air India SBI Platinum Card.
- Air India SBI Signature Card.
- Axis Bank Miles & More Credit Card.
- Citibank PremierMiles Credit Card.
- HDFC All Miles Credit Card.
- ICICI Bank British Airways Classic Credit Card.
- IndusInd Bank WorldMiles Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege American Express Platinum Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Diners Club Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Platinum Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Titanium Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege ICICI Bank Coral VISA Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege ICICI Bank Rubyx VISA Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege ICICI Bank Sapphiro VISA Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege IndusInd Bank Odyssey Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege IndusInd Bank Voyage Amex Credit Card.
- JetPrivilege IndusInd Bank Voyage Visa Credit Card.
Titanium credit cards are premium cards. They come with a load of privileges and benefits. The key feature of a Titanium credit card is the Titanium Rewards program offered by Bank. It includes accrual of rewards points, redemption for gifts and air miles, cashback offers, etc.
Other privileges of Titanium credit card are surcharge waivers, revolving credit, interest free credit period, annual fee reversals, insurance, add-on card facility, , lifestyle and dining benefits, wellness and beauty offers, welcome gifts in the form of vouchers from top retail brands, etc.