Forex Trading Techniques Revealed - 10 Principles In The Art Of Currency Trading
Every forex trader has to establish his or her own identity. What works for one may not work for another. Everyone has their own niche that they like to use to identify profitable situations in the forex trading market. However, there are some common principles in here that can serve as a useful guide in helping you establish your forex trading techniques.
2. Follow the trends - following trends is exactly how you're going to make money in the forex market. Don't be some type of cowboy and tries to catch a trend before ever begins. Doing this are going against an obvious trend is a recipe for disaster. Trade only when your forex trend system confirms a trend is in place.
3. Protect your money - Capital preservation is essential to being a successful forex trader. You can accomplish this by never risking too much of your bankroll at any given time. A good forex tip is that you should never have more than 10% of your money at risk in any one single deal.
4. When the trade goes bad, get out - many traders are susceptible to the pratfall of thinking if they are different from everyone else and that their unsuccessful trade will eventually turn around and become profitable. The fact of the matter is you are going to have losing deals, you just need to get out of them as soon as possible. Get your money back into the market making a profit and don't stick with a loser.
5. Get out when you're in the plus - this point is solely about knowing when to take your profit and end the deal. As you enter a transaction, you should have a general idea of where you want the currency to rise to and that will be your sell point. Do not hang on to it too long or you can find yourself losing valuable profits.
6. Get rid of your emotions - in order to be a successful trader, you're going to have to leave your emotions at the door. Being afraid, greedy, getting too excited or too hard on yourself are all emotions that can lead to financial disaster.
7. Write a journal - you will find this very useful in looking at past successful and unsuccessful trades. You should make notes as to what you bought, when you bought, when you sold it, for how much and why you entered the trade. Over time, you can learn from your mistakes and become a much better forex trader.
8. Have confidence in yourself - when you get in to the forex trading market, you must enter and exit the trade with confidence. Do not just follow the advise of others. But this should not cause you to be overly confidence and take unecessary risks in your trading.
9. When you have doubt, stay out - doubt is nothing any trader should ever have when money is on the line. If you are unsure of the position, wait for the next one. There is simply too much going on in too many good opportunities to allow yourself to go in to something that you have no confidence in.
10. Don't spread yourself too thin - this means that you should not over trade for the sake of trading. A lot of people will feel as though they need to make every deal that they possibly can regardless of how thin it spreads them. Realistically, you'll never want to have any more than two or three positions going at the same time. And you should only enter the second trade only when your first trade is breakeven or profitable.
Article Tags: Forex Trading
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
To learn how to trade forex successfully using a simple, proven forex trading system, download my FREE 56-page ebook at http://www.forextradingpower.com now.
The author, Daniel Su, is the founder of http://www.ForexTradingPower.com where you can get free premium forex trading tips and resources.