Proven Ways to Reduce Young Drivers Car Insurance Quotes
A driving license for a young person is very exciting. It is the beginning of a new chapter in his life. It is also trying times for the parents of the youngster. Young drivers are known to be more accident prone than the older more experienced driver's.
A driving license for a young person is very exciting. It is the beginning of a new chapter in his life. It is also trying times for the parents of the youngster. Young drivers are known to be more accident prone than the older more experienced drivers. Male drivers under the age of 21 statistically cause more accidents. Insurance companies therefore charge higher rates on auto insurance from young drivers. This is even more so if you are a young male driver as opposed to a young female driver. Some ways in which you can get lower quotes, is by doing the following:
1. Shop for multiple quotes. Nowadays it is possible to get multiple quotes by filling just one online form. Different companies have different policies and by comparing quotes you may be able to get the same cover at a discounted price.
2. Check out auto insurance quotes before buying your car. Flashy and fast cars attract higher premiums as they are more likely to be stolen or meet with an accident. Cars that conform to high safety standards like automatic seat belts, anti locking brakes are viewed positively by the insurance companies as they seem to be safer. Check with different companies at the outset so as to maximize your discount and coverage.
3. Keep the deductibles on your comprehensive collision coverage high. This reduces the premium rates considerably. Deductibles are the amount paid by you before the insurance company pitches in. You can pay for the small dents that are likely to occur and for the bigger bills the insurance company is likely to pay a huge chunk.
4. If you are a college or school student, it is a good idea to get higher grades. Most insurance companies give discounts to students who average a B grade or higher.
5. If your parents have an auto insurance policy, it might be a good idea to add your policy to theirs. Some companies offer discounts for additional drivers if the primary driver's record is clean. Compare such quotes with quotes on a stand alone policy.
6. Check with companies for discount on driver's education. Completion of certain courses is for some companies ground for giving discounts. Make sure to get a completion certificate for the same. Certain companies may have their very own training programs.
7. Responsible driving means safe driving. Safe driving means lesser records. Clean driving records are proof that you are a good driver and will not prove to be a liability for the provider. The provider will definitely give a discount to such a driver. If the driver has too many tickets, he may be tagged a high risk driver or if the offenses are serious and often, as a reckless driver.
8. If you are not going to drive very often, you can get yourself listed as an occasional driver. As a person who does not drive frequently, logically it is assumed that you will cause lesser accidents. You may then not have to pay higher rates.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Insure4USA.com can assist you in finding low cost car insurance from multiple insurance companies. Web site explains a lot about auto insurance coverage, discounts and much more.