Sell Your House - 5 Tips To Successfully Sell Your Home
If you are trying to sell your home quickly then this article is for you. You will get 5 good quick tips to help you sell your house faster and for more money with less hassle. All five tips are practical and some are common sense but are not to be overlooked.
Doesn't matter if you are in Mahopac, NY, elsewhere in Putnam County or Westchester County or in other parts of the US Buyers today are taking much longer to make up their minds regarding the purchase of a new home with each potential buyer viewing an average of 19 homes before making a purchase. Due to this, sellers are finding that not only are they required to reside within their current home for longer than intended, but they are also often left with no option but to accept an offer which is well below the asking price. In order to successfully sell your home within the Westchester County area, is it vital that you do all you can in order to make your home marketable and worthy of your asking price. Here at the 5 basic areas you need to focus on in order to sell your home-fast!
1) Maintenance: Before you place your home on the market it is vital that you check for any required maintenance, in particular your wiring and plumbing systems. The type of wiring within a home will generally be determined on the age of the property, the area in which it has been built and if it has been modified or updated in anyway. To a buyer, newer electrical panels and updated wiring will be a good indication that your home has been well maintained and any future repairs may be minute. When checking over your wiring, always employ the service of a qualified electrician within Westchester which will not only ensure the job is done safely and thoroughly, but will also pay dividends for you when you finally sell your home. Plumbing repairs no matter how minute can save you time and money when you are ready to sell. A buyer will be expecting to see your home in top condition so a leaky pipe or dripping ceiling will do nothing to help your chances of a quick sale.
2) Garden Fever: Next, you need to inspect the exterior of your home, in particular your garden/s. In the event that the outside of your home looks unattractive, a potential buyer may simply opt to not even look inside your home, as they will come to the conclusion that your lack of maintenance will follow through to the inside of your home. Ensure that your yard is free of debris, your trees are neatly trimmed and your grass is mowed and edged. Sweep your walkways and rid your garden of any dead flowers, planting new ones where possible. Although we are all guilty of doing it for ease, remove any cars that are parked outside the front and park these in your garage so that viewers are not distracted by your vehicles when viewing the exterior of the property.
3) Beautiful Inside and Out: After taking care of the outside of your home, next its time to work on the inside! It is common sense that a clean home will be more inviting to a potential buyer, thus will make them more attracted to your home in general. Buyers can be turned off by the even the smallest amount of mess or bad odor, so ensure each room is dusted, vacuumed, cleaned with products in terms of your kitchen and bathrooms; and add air fresheners in each room so they smell pleasant when entered. A thorough clean is also a good chance to rid your home of any unwanted junk which will make packing your boxes for moving all the easier. Where necessary, consider adding a splash of paint to some rooms in order to brighten them up and help give them a clean and neat appearance. If any rooms have chipped or peeling paint, repainting them is extremely important as rooms will look dull and will give the impression that they buyer will need to do extensive work on the house after moving in.
4) The Right Representation: In today’s market is it extremely important to have a professional realtor who will represent your best interests. When hiring an agent within Westchester County, you should ensure that you are provided with and exclusive agent, that he/she provides you with advice and guidance throughout the whole process and that they will push for the highest price possible for you. Your ideal agent will also be a strong negotiator with your interests in mind and will do everything they can to protect you from liability. A reputable Westchester County agent will also be able to provide guidance on the ideal selling price for your home. Often, a seller will be too adventurous in their price which results in their house being on the market for a long period of time. Work with your agent to produce a worthy price which will not only provide you with profit, but will help induce a quick sale for your home.
5) Enhancing the Beauty: Once you have received viewing appointments, it is important that you stage your home in order to show it off to its full potential. Add little touches such as scented candles which not only smell nice, but add simple decoration but do not over clutter your rooms with items. Keep all drapes and curtains open so prospective buyers can easily look out of the windows to view the surrounding environment and if it’s a little dark outside, turn on a few lamps so that the rooms are well lit. Above all, never intervene during a viewing. Let the agent do their job and allow each viewer to ask their own questions so they feel at ease. No buyer wants to feel pressured into buying a property!
If you are in Mahopac, Carmel, or anywhere else in Westchester or Putnam County. By simply taking these points into consideration, you will have a greater chance of selling your home and fast. Before placing your home on the market it is always beneficial to ask the advice of an agent on how to effectively display your home to a buyer but with these simple tips you simply need to sit back and wait for your ideal seller to realize the potential of your home.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
And if you found this article interesting then you should also look into our incredible 120 day home sold guarantee! Visit this page that explains everything: Home Sale Guarantee. Another option that people sometimes overlook but is usually a win-win for everyone involved is explained in this article over here: Rent to Own.