Some good ways to update your Liverpool Street office into a paper-free and an eco-aware office
For some time now IT experts have been saying that we are on the verge of the paperless office, an eco-aware office that doesn't even use paper for post-it notes. Whether this prophecy will come true is as of yet not clear but any office can cut back on paper and reap all of the benefits.
So for a company that is making the move to offices in Liverpool Street then here are some top tips to make that office a modern, 21st century, paper-free office.
1) Firstly, find out where the closer Liverpool Street recycling facility is. As a manager you need to work out where the recycling facility is and how long it will take to get there. You should also arrange a collection service, as depending on your location in Liverpool Street it could be quite a distance to the plant.
2) Secondly, you should use electronic messaging rather than paper letters. The move effective and easy to implement ways to reduce paper usage in the office is to use office based computer messaging rather than traditional office letters and memos. By doing this you will reduce the outgoings of the office and you will also make employees a lot more efficient as they will not longer have to travel through the office when delivering memos but instead can just click on send to dispatch an email.
3) Newspapers, magazines and marketing materials can now all be received electronically, so there is practically no need to have a cumbersome and out-dated paper copy as well. In fact, this use of paper is perhaps the most inefficient use of paper that there has ever been. This is the case as 90 percent of the time papers and magazines just end up in the bin anyway, so it is just a big waste of paper. Also if you subscribe to a magazine online you can then make use of articles in presentations or reports more easily than if you had a hard copy.
4) Perhaps you could try an office white board instead of post-its. You office employees will need a place to make notes and usually this is on a post-it note that is lying around on the desk but in a modern office a few whiteboards would be a much better option. This is because a whiteboard is reusable and is a good way to jot down reminders or make notes about an important project. All of this means that by using a whiteboard you will be able to reduce the amount of paper that is used in the office. So if you have just took out a lease on a serviced EC2 office, then you should find a stationers in Liverpool Street and buy a white board.
5) And remember, I'm not just talking about cutting back on the use of A4 paper. It also means using an air heater to dry your hands in the bathroom rather than paper towels and by using ceramic cups instead of disposable paper cups. There is endless amount of things you can do to cut back on paper consumption in the office, it could just be something as easy as designating a corner of the office for the proper disposal of paper.
Not too long ago one of the firms I deal with on a regular basis relocated to a Liverpool Street office and they used the office relocation as a way to implement new recycling and paper usage guidelines. After a few months they found that they saved a substantial amount of money and their staff was more efficient with paper.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The serviced EC2 office management team are known as the best in the Liverpool Street area, north south, east or west.