Understanding Affordable Health Insurance in Virginia
It is important to know a lot of things when consumers look to buy health insurance Virginia. Right from what the health insurance plan offers
Virginia has a large company base when consumers need to find affordable health insurance options. Right from private insurers, consumers can avail suitable health insurance options from some government plans also.
Aetna, American National, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Assurant, CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, Celtic, Golden Rule, Great American, Humana One, IAC, Kaiser Permanente, Patriot Health, Solera Dental, and UniCare are the private insurers, while Medicaid, Family Access to Medical Insurance Security (FAMIS), Every Woman’s Life Program, and the Federal Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) are the government sponsored programs offering affordable health insurance to Virginians.
Some facts about affordable health insurance in Virginia
• Group health insurance enrolees in Virginia cannot be denied or limited in terms of coverage, nor can be required to pay more, because of their health status.
• Virginians can’t be removed from the health insurance policy when they get sick.
• All Virginians are guaranteed the right to buy individual health insurance from either Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield or CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield.
• Virginians with low or modest household income may qualify for free or subsidized health coverage through the Virginia Medicaid program. This program offers free health coverage for pregnant women, families with children, and elderly and disabled individuals also.
• Healthcare reforms ensure that children can stay in their parent’s health insurance policy as dependents, till the age of 26 years.
• Consumers, who are retirees, aged 55-65 and are receiving benefits from Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC), may qualify for the HCTC.
With such options available, it is really easy to find affordable health insurance policies in Virginia. The idea is to explore a bit; do some home-work; talk to experts and then finally make a choice. Consumers just need to make sure that they are not rushing with their decision nor feeling too shy to ask questions.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Shaun Mike writes exclusively about affordable health insurance Virginia and how to make a learned decision while buying health insurance Virginia.