5 Steps to Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes
5 Steps to Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes RecipeRemember the way mashed potatoes used to taste when you were a kid? Not that lumpy and thick dish some call mashed potatoes, but those great dinners when t...
Remember the way mashed potatoes used to taste when you were a kid? Not that lumpy and thick dish some call mashed potatoes, but those great dinners when the family got together at Grandma’s or Mom’s?
Well now you can have easy creamy mashed potatoes in 5 easy steps.
Here are the steps:
There are many methods to creating mashed potatoes with results ranging from not so good (too lumpy, to dry,) to absolutely delicious. I have found the method described here to be best I have tried. It is nothing fancy or exotic, but simply a great tasting recipe for creamy delicious mash potatoes.
1. Use regular Irish Potatoes (some prefer Idaho Gold, but not me) peel a five pound bag and cut into medium ( 1 ˝”) chunks.
2. Put the chunks into a pan and boil for approximately 15 minutes (a fork will easily slide into them when done).
3. Drain potatoes, place in mixing bowl and add 1 1/2 sticks of softened butter and mix until there are no lumps.
4. Mix in 1 to 1 ˝ cups of warmed Half & Half. (Mix until you see a creamy texture).
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy or put in crock pot (on low heat) to serve and enjoy later.
This amount should be enough to serve 10 adults.
To make only enough to serve four or five adults use half of a 5 pound bag.
Some may enjoy a moderate sprinkling of onion flakes on the mashed potatoes before serving.
You now have an easy Creamy Mashed Potato recipe in 5 easy steps and you will be sure to receive many compliments on this dish.
But you don’t have to wait for Christmas Dinner to enjoy this recipe. It is good with just about any lunch or dinner.
My favorite is Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes or Rotisserie Chicken with Mashed Potatoes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR