10 Steps to Full Body Detox
You've done a body detox plan before and notice the results where off not too long afterwards. What's the problem? The deal is that as soon as you stop using your body detox plan, you immediately start putting toxins back in your body. While our focus is on permanent elimination, adapting certain tips in your daily life will help your body stay cleansed.
You've done a body detox plan before and notice the results where off not too long afterwards. What's the problem? The deal is that as soon as you stop using your body detox plan, you immediately start putting toxins back in your body. While our focus is on permanent elimination, adapting these tips in your daily life will help your body stay cleansed:
1. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. This is one of the most basic recommendations. However, the amount is no longer eight glasses a day. The recommended amount is your body weight divided by 2 in oz. of water. For example, if you weigh 100 lbs/2=50 oz of water.
2. While water inside your body is a good way to detox, using water on the outside of your body also helps. Try a hot shower for five minutes, alternating a few times with cold water for 30 seconds. Take a rest for 30 minutes afterwards. This will extend the results of your home body detox.
3. Look for ways to bolster a clean liver with herbal supplements and drinking green tea. Your natural food store can make recommendations. Your liver plays an important role in keeping your body working properly.
4. Eat foods which are naturally detoxifying, such as leafy greens and seaweed. Bulk up on fiber. Try to stick to organic fruits and vegetables. Stay away from caffeine, sugar and nicotine.
5. An OJ a day does keep the doctor away. Actually, juices are high in sugar, but make sure to take plenty of Vitamin C. This helps liver function also.
6. Sweat it out....literally. Perspiration is one way your body naturally removes waste. Try sweating in a hot tub or sauna to help eliminate toxins.
7. Take a deep breath. The deeper you breathe, the more oxygen circulates in your blood and helps keep it clean. This is one of the easiest ways to promote health. When you breathe deeply, your stomach should come out as you breathe in and deflate like a balloon when you breathe out.
8. Exercise, exercise, exercise. This is still one of the best ways to remove toxins from the system and help increase energy levels. Yoga is highly recommended, as well as other eastern forms of exercise which specifically have movements to promote detoxification such as qigong.
9. Learn to deal with stress. High levels of stress cause hormone changes which actually can hinder the detoxification process. Dealing with stress effectively aids in natural body detox. Try meditation or therapy. A couple of minutes daily can make all the difference in the world.
10. Exfoliate your skin by dry-brushing. Don't use any salt or sugar scrubs, as these may have chemicals in them that will harm your body. You can also purchase special baths to help eliminate waste through your pores.
All these recommendations are important to keep your body cleansed. While you may not be able to do them all at once, slowly incorporating them into your daily routine helps bolster your chances for success.
Article Tags: Body Detox
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
John Khu is a health enthusiast and author of a new eBook titled "Body Detox Tips". He is devoted to educate others on the benefit of body detoxification. He is also the owner of the website called http://www.bodydetoxtips.com which provides complete and up-to-date information.