10 Steps to Younger Looking Skin
Simple steps equal great results. These 10 lifestyle habits and skin care tips will help you achieve fresher, younger looking skin. You'll find changes will appear in 30 - 45 days if you'll consistently follow these simple steps in your life.
Do you know the shortcuts for fabulous skin results in under 60 days?
It's the time of the year we all do some soul searching about things we'd like to change in our personal life . . . from losing weight, starting an exercise plan or setting about cleaning out our closets for spring.
A lot of us just want to look great by the time summer arrives. Unfortunately, the vast majority of us lose our motivation after a week or so. Well, here are ten simple steps to help you achieve at least one of your goals for spring and summer . . .fabulous, younger-looking skin!
Simple Steps...Great Results
Most of the time, it takes common sense combined with personal commitment to achieve our goals. Having fabulous skin is one of those common sense habits. So, I'm outlining a basic care routine that will make an amazing difference in your appearance in 30-45 days!
We're going to begin with basic 'living well' habits that aren't difficult to implement, and will change not only your appearance, but your outlook on life and your overall mental and physical health.
1) Make sure you're eating a healthy diet including LOTS of fresh fruits and vegetables. Cut out empty calories from soft drinks, heavy desserts and snacks throughout the day. If you need to snack, choose fresh apple slices, a handful of nuts or a small serving of popped corn.
2) Hydrate throughout the day. Keep water in a glass container on your desk or counter so it's easy for you to have a drink periodically. Many of us are actually dehydrated and that directly affects the health of our skin.
3) Get plenty of rest. Even though you have lots of last minute things to do before you retire for the night, try to get at least 6-8 hours of rest each night. You'll feel more alert and you'll accomplish your tasks faster because you'll have more energy! It's o.k. to not get everything done. Guess what, we'll never get everything done, so relax.
4) Get 20-30 minutes of regular exercise each day. Do something as simple as walking or going up and down steps. Use a pedometer to measure your steps. Your goal should be to work up to 10,000 steps each day. It is difficult if you're sitting at a desk all day, so use your lunch hour to walk for 15-20 minutes. You'll be amazed how much more energetic you'll feel.
So far I've only mentioned minimal, but necessary, healthy lifestyle habits you can easily incorporate into your daily life: Eating well, drinking lots of water, getting enough rest and incorporating regular exercise into your daily routine.
I also know you're wondering how any of that will make a difference in helping you develop fabulous skin. You'll be surprised how much exercise, healthy food and rest will do for your appearance, but I have several more 'simple steps' designed to specifically address your skin's appearance.
5) Start and end each day with a basic skin care routine. Cleanse with a natural, organic cleanser developed for your skin type. Try to avoid using basic bar soap on your face because it will generally strip away your natural oils so critical to a healthy complexion. I like to recommend an oxygen-based toner because it will continue the cleansing action while it infuses your skin with energy.
If you prefer not to use toner, move directly to the serum and/or moisturizer for your final step(s). Seasonal serums are formulated to deal with various weather and climate changes you encounter. Using a Serum for Spring adds supplemental moisture and minerals to your skin, helping your skin recover its smooth texture and begin to glow. You can layer it under your favorite moisturizer - especially for your night regime. I recommend you layer it under a safe, natural organic SPF15 Sunscreen for daytime.
Complete your regime by adding a fabulous anti-aging Serum to tighten and smooth out any fine lines or wrinkles that are beginning to develop while giving your skin an anti-aging treatment as well.
6) Use a natural organic exfoliator to cleanse away dead cells from your face 1 or 2 times per week. It allows new cells to emerge and you will look fresher and more rested.
7) Use a revitalizing eye gel to help tighten delicate skin under your eyes and eliminate bags and dark circles.
8) Evaluate your daily nutrition. Some skin care products are rich in essential fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and other nutrition. However you may need to add supplemental dietary support like Omega Oils, fiber or daily vitamins to deal with stress, long days, travel or just your daily schedule.
9) Don't forget to cleanse and moisturize hands frequently. Use an organic hand wash that doesn't strip your hands of moisture as it cleans. Retain/add moisture with a body butter or lotion. Using personal-sized sanitizers/purifiers made with stabilized oxygen rather than alcohol or triclosan through the day will help you avoid airborne viruses or other pathogens from surfaces you use during the day. I suggest you carry a 1oz. pocket mister in your briefcase or purse so it's handy - no matter where you are.
10) Have an 'Attitude of Gratitude' each day! A positive mental outlook shows up in fewer fine lines, frown lines or wrinkles. In short, you'll look as good as your attitude demonstrates you feel.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Linda Chae is President & Chief Formulator for Chae Organics, Inc. and a pioneer in 'go natural' skin care for consumers. Her commitment to clean, safe toxic free products requires organic ingredients backed by scientific research. As a consumer advocate, protecting human beings from dangers in skin care products became personal when she became a cancer survivor herself. To order her products, visit www.chaeorganics.biz