10 Tips for a LONGER LIFE and GREAT HEALTH - Back to the basics !
Todays lifestyle has caused many of us to forget the basics. Fast food, packaged snacks, and something out of a can has become the norm. The foods God gave us belong back in our diet, along with exercise and common sense.
1. Prevention is a lot better than a cure. Living a healthy lifestyle is a lot easier than trying to get over any kind of disease.
2. Balanced living is important. Not all work, not all play. Not too much stress. Some meaningful relationships, but also meaningful time alone with God. Some service to doing good and helping others, but not so much as to consume all your quality time with God, your family and your friends.
3. Eating habits. Lots of fruits & veggies. Fiber and bowel cleansing are extremely important. Eat raw foods everyday. Raw foods are important as they add enzymes that assist in digestion. Several helpings of fruits and veggies daily will help your health.
4. Good bowel movement daily. Consume plenty of fiber and drink lots of water.
5. Watch your weight ! Raw fruits and vegetables are low in calories and aid digestion. Do not eat a lot of refined carbohydrates, such as sugar, white bread, white spaghetti, instant rice, crackers, etc. Obesity in this country is rampant, leading to an epidemic in Diabetes.
6. Get adequate exercise. Simply taking a daily walk burns calories and aids in digestion and elimination.
7. Refresh your body with sleep. 8 hours for most people. Sleep without distractions and have complete darkness if possible.
8. REMOVE THOSE TOXINS !. We are exposed to many toxins throughout our lives. Exhaust fumes, cleaning supplies, mercury, lead, aluminum, parasites, etc. Fortunately, our bodies do get rid of most toxins. However, we donít throw off all toxins, and over the years, toxins will build up. It is important to eliminate toxins since a build-up of them can contribute to a host of diseases.
9. Take good quality vitamin and mineral supplements. Generally, we donít get everything we need from foods. High quality supplements can help in preventing illness and disease.
10. Have a benefits plan in times of need. Todays Health Care in America is in total chaos. Corporations and employers are claiming extreme Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision costs are driving them toward bankruptcy. Healthcare is changing toward consumer driven benefits plans. There are plans available to keep you from personally ending up in financial straits.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gary Dunaway authors informative Health related articles, in relation to todays lifestyle. In addition, he offers affordable duscount health benefit packages to those in need. He will send you a free DVD describing these benefits by going to his site :http://garysdental.net - or contact him at - firstname.lastname@example.org