A brief explanation of the complete surgical process of the Dental implants treatment
This dental implants treatment is used for a number of dental therapies. It is most commonly used in crowning, dentures or implanting tooth. Often it is used as anchorage for orthodontic tooth management.
Dental implants treatment is the most popular way of restoring missing teeth in a human body. Over the years, the doctors have introduced this treatment for its high durability, long lasting and comfortable nature. Basically such dental implants are tiny insertions which are made from biocompatible items. These materials are surgically inserted in the jawbone of the patient’s mouth to support the damaged teeth. These biocompatible materials are made up of various shapes and sizes, which are selected and used by the medical practitioner as per the requirement of the patient. The best part about using such biocompatibility materials hold the teeth tight into the jawbone and allows it to osseointegrate with the area. Unlike dentures it does not loosen or slip off or cause discomfort while eating. Hence such dental implants treatment is highly used for these reasons.
Depending on the condition o your teeth, the dentist will advise on implanting the teeth. Now as per the overall condition of the health it will heal accordingly. For example, if you are a fit person, the total process might take less than 6 weeks time, but if you have other problems like high blood sugar or other complications, it can take more time than specified. In such cases, first the patient will be asked to control the blood sugar level as it will slow down the healing process and then the actual treatment will begin.
Implanting teeth in the jawbone is a simple procedure and is easily performed by applying local anesthesia to the patient. Only in special cases, for example if the patient suffers from dental phobia the doctor opts for the general anesthesia and makes the patient comfortable in the situation.
Dental implants treatment: the surgical procedure
1. The patient is first prepared for the implanting process. It takes a few months time to complete the total system. The bone is first incised and then drilled before the actual implanting.
3. As said then the drilling step follows. The area is drilled based on the length and width of the tooth or crown which has to be fitted inside the mouth.
4. Finally the tooth is implanted and the area is stitched properly. Thus the missing tooth is replaced and it can be comfortably used in eating or grinding food items.
5. It takes about six weeks to heal completely.
6. Do go for a regular check up and post operative care should be properly taken or else it might cause infection or pain in the affected area.
Thus dental implants treatment helps in restoring a defective tooth in a proper way. It does not cause pain or discomfort in the patient’s body. Thus it is popularly practiced in curing diseased teeth which heals in just 6weeks time and then behaves like the other natural ones inside the mouth.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Article written by Dr. Puneet Kathuria, Offering world class Dental implants and Affordable dental implants services in India.