Are You Curious About The Liposuction Procedure?
Liposuction is an effective and safe solution for removing unwanted fat deposits that cling stubbornly to various areas of your body, and that are resistant to traditional weight loss measures including diet and exercise. Lipo is designed to remove fat accumulations primarily from the tummy, hips, thighs, lower back, and buttocks. The age range for the liposuction procedure is from the 20's to the 70's, but the ideal range is from the 30's to 40's. Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure to remedy obesity. Not all of the fat cells are removed so weight can be regained in those areas.
You have likely heard of the procedure and know what it is used for, but there may be finer points that you are unaware of that can have an impact on your decision to have the procedure, or not. Below are a few answers to common questions about liposuction.
• Is there an ideal age for a liposuction candidate? - The age range for the liposuction procedure is from the 20’s to the 70’s, but the ideal range is from the 30’s to the 40’s.
• How long is the procedure? – The surgery takes about 45 minutes per section.
• What body areas are targeted? – Lipo is designed to remove fat accumulations primarily from the tummy, hips, thighs, lower back, and buttocks. It can be used to treat the neck and arms, as well.
• Is liposuction a good way to lose a significant amount of weight? – Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure to remedy obesity. A candidate should be close to his or her ideal weight.
• Can the removed fat come back? – Not all of the fat cells are removed so weight can be regained in those areas. It is a rare occurrence. Typically new weight gain is spread out over other areas of the body.
• Does liposuction help make you healthy? – Yes it can. Extra weight around the midsection can result in serious illness, such as heart disease and diabetes. The removal of this fat can aid in the prevention of poor health.
If you are considering having lipo and want to know if the procedure is appropriate for you, please schedule an appointment with a Houston liposuction surgeon. At Memorial Plastic Surgery, we specialize in lipo, and numerous other plastic, cosmetic, and reconstruction procedures. We are proud to provide our services to our friends and neighbors in the Houston metropolitan area. Our knowledgeable staff will happily set up an initial consultation with our principal surgeon, Dr. Patrick Hsu. He is a highly accomplished plastic surgeon with board certification, and numerous awards. Dr. Hsu is committed to providing the highest level of surgical treatments and is focused on the well-being of his patients. He will discuss the procedure with you and answer any questions you may have.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
For more information about the liposuction procedure, click here.