Cosmetic Dentist: What Can They Do?
A beautiful smile is an important feature in both business and personal life; a cosmetic dentist can make it look the absolute best. A cosmetic dentist can work wonders in your mouth. Here are the most sought after procedures.
- Teeth Whitening: If the teeth are stained and yellow from age or lifestyle choices, a bleaching agent in the form of a gel, strips or liquid can be applied in order to return them to ivory white. Tobacco, coffee, tea, red wine and some medications can cause the yellowing problem.
- Dental Implants: If a person is missing one or more teeth, dental implants are a permanent and natural looking correction. Implants may be attached directly to the jawbone or if there isnít enough bone to produce a successful result, grafts may be used.
- Porcelain: Inlays or onlays may be attached in order to cover cracks or unsightly metal fillings. Many patients have decided to replace old and worn out silver fillings with this alternative.
- Porcelain Veneers: This procedure will cover up discolored, cracked, and uneven teeth. Veneers create an extremely attractive smile which can be quite a drastic improvement.
- Full or partial dental bridges: Having well made and proper fitting dentures can make all the difference between bridgework that is uncomfortable and unrealistic looking and bridgework that is gorgeous and trouble-free.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are used when there is a need for a porcelain cap over a damaged tooth. The damage may be a crack or simply a cavity that has progressed to the point where the nerve needs a new cover. If the nerve is exposed, a root canal may be necessary in order to keep the area pain free, as well.
- Braces: The braces used to straighten todayís mouthfuls of teeth are different from the old metal brackets used years ago. There are methods available today that include clear braces which are hardly noticeable or those that only need to be worn for a short duration.
- Gum Cosmetic Surgery: Gums can protrude and look unattractive. Cosmetic surgical procedures can alter this in order to give a lovely improved look.
- Contouring: There are some contouring and reshaping procedures which only take a visit or two in the dental chair. Reshaping along with applying laminate to the area can even out minor issues.
If patients have smiles that they often try to hide, itís time for them to consult a cosmetic dentist in order to find out how they can achieve a beautiful grin that they can be proud of.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are in need of a Cosmetic Dentist Sterling for more information please visit http://www.sterling-dds.net/.