Easy Tests That Will Tell You If You Have Bad Breath
Did you ever try to see if you have bad breath? Well, you can't do that. It's actually impossible to see what kind of breath you have. Yes, even if you exhale the air and keep the hands close to the mouth and nose, you still can't smell your own breath.
This is because your body is made in such a way that you can't smell yourself. The process is "Acclimation", and it exists so that we can smell other things.
You can still do some home tests that will let you know if you have a bad breath, and you don't have to pay anything for them. Here are the tests:
• Use some cotton gauze to wipe your tongue (the top), then smell it (the best way probably). And if you see a bit of yellow on it, you probably have a high sulfide production.
• Lick your own hand, on its back. Wait for 10 seconds, let it dry and smell it. If you detect an odor after you smell it, then you got a breath disorder. When you lick the hand, the sulfur salts are transferred on it, so you can feel the smell.
• Run some dental floss through the teeth from the back (where it's possible to have food caught). After that, smell the floss you just used, and you might get an idea if you have bad breath.
• Get the tongue out while you're watching a mirror. Try to see the back of the tongue and see if it's white. That's usually a clue of bad breath. You can try seeing how others behave around you and that might also give you an idea about your breath.
• Ask someone if you have a bad breath. Ideally, they should do it a few times in a single day, because it changes during the day.
• If you find that foods give you a bad breath, it means that they have sulfur compounds. You will probably get a bad breath when you eat dairy, alcohol, sweets, or when you use a mouthwash that has alcohol in it.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Visit BadBreathFaq.Com and find more articles on bad breath.