Electronic Medical EMR Software – To Protect Patient Records
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) is a computerized software designed for hospitals, medical institution and clinics. EMR software exchanges paper-based records maintained in a hospital and is a most common manner of tracking patient entire information in hospitals.
EMR software's use is simple as the doctors are able to store the information more proficiently in a well-managed way. The chart, paper records related to patient's that are conserved in various places in a hospital, collecting them to a single location for review by medical personnel is an hectic and time-taking.
Unlike the paper work, making multiple copies of the data or information in electronic form is simple and affordable process. As the multiple copies of information can be created in different locations, the EMRs are ideal for hospitals.
There are a lot of benefits of EMR software. It can convert information into an electronic format and helps the medical personnels in bringing about efficiency and professionalism in their work. The software makes the information safe from hackers, fire and other natural calamities.
Security of patient's confidentail information is a crucial issue in hospitals. When you try to keep the medical software secure, you are helping build a relationship of trust. Thus, the patients who trust you are more interested to share their complete personal information. Medical EMR software has to the potential to improve patient outcomes, reduce costs and improve the whole healthcare system.
Features of Electonic Medical Records (EMR) module:* Superior GUI to make data collection easy for the consulting doctors/ transcriptionists.
* Collated & formatted collection of information on patients, as required.
* Search on patient records by patient name, patient ID, etc.
* Complete clinical data repository.
* Capturing basic patient demographic details. - ICD-10 Codes for Diagnosis and Clinical Findings. - CPT codes for all the Clinical and Diagnostic procedures.
* Real time ordering of tests and medications.
* Customized forms for various specialties to simplify clinical history taking.
* Laboratory reports, medical Images, clinical procedure records, etc.
* Built-in reports and user-oriented report-writing capabilities, etc.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The Electra's EMR module is included with the Hospital Management System software by ACG Infotech helps you to record and retrieve the medical and clinical information of a patient. It provides a central repository for holding the entire medical records of the patient. To know more, please visit http://www.acgil.com.