Five Great Management Techniques to Beat Stress and Tension
Stress and tension are part and parcel of daily life. In today's fast paced environment and competitive life there is stress involved in all aspects of life whether it is personal or professional. Str...
Stress and tension are part and parcel of daily life. In today's fast paced environment and competitive life there is stress involved in all aspects of life whether it is personal or professional. Stress may be the result of physical, emotional or chemical factors which cause bodily as well as mental unrest.
Stress can also lead to many diseases if not checked within good time. Stress is known to weaken the immune system which is busy providing resources to fight the stress leaving it generally susceptible to attacks from common viruses and bacteria.
So can stress or at least the onset of stress be beaten? Then answer is yes, stress can be overcome by just making a few personality and lifestyle changes. How much of stress you take on lies completely in your own hands and the more assertive you become towards staying stress and tension free, the more successful you will be in beating stress and keeping your life clear and smooth.
Here are some basic techniques to beat stress. They might not be easy to follow and practice in the beginning but with a little effort and determination, they can keep stress miles away.
1. Know your limits and learn to say no- there are lot of times when you take on more responsibilities than you can handle and then pile on the stress when deadlines draw near. You should know how much you can do or accomplish and learn to say no when you know you will not be able to complete the tasks.
2. Avoid situations and people who stress you out- if you know certain environments or situations will bring on stress then try and avoid them as far as possible. The same goes for people who stress you out. These could be traffic jams or even your boss. Take a different route when you know you will be stuck or if you cannot absolutely avoid your boss then at least learn to treat him superficially. Avoid any heated or debatable topic with him and confront him only when absolutely necessary.
3. Do not bottle up feelings- sometimes stress is also known to build up because of unexpressed feelings and desires. This could either on the personal front or at work. Learn to say what you feel most of the time keeping the situation and people around you in mind.
4. Manage your time better- stress can also be caused by poor management of time. If you have to do too many things then chalk out a timetable or a schedule and stick to it.
5. Look at the positive side of things and pamper yourself once in a while-staying positive even in not so good situations helps in keeping away stress. Also it is pertinent to do something which you enjoy for your sake alone. Your whole day goes in pleasing others, be it your boss, spouse or kids. It is necessary to do something which you enjoy as well to keep sane and happy.
Article Tags: Beat Stress
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Abortion Clinic - Dr. James S. Pendergraft opened the Orlando Women's Center in March 1996. Free HIV Testing, physical examinations, family planning and counseling.