HIPPA - Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
The HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) Created by the U.S. Congress in 1996. Actually HIPAA is composed of several sets of standards like transactions and code sets, privacy and security etc. The main purpose of the standards are to modify the administration of health insurance claims and lower costs, to give patients more easily access to their health care information.
The purpose of HIPPA developing to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the nation's health care system, HIPAA modulate the health plans and certain individual health insurance policies to the best use of the patients.
There are some HIPAA Privacy Rule:-
1. Privacy and Security Rules 1996:-In this HIPPA defined about the protection of individually identifiable health information, and the all rights granted to individuals. OCR’s (Office for Civil Rights) implement activities, and how to file a complaint with OCR.
2. Patient Safety Rule 2005:- In this act the HIPPA defined about safety rules of patients, to protection of confidential patient safety work product, the allowed disclosures of patient safety work product, OCR’s enforcement activities, and how to file a complaint with OCR.
There are Some HIPPA related resources like,
• AAFP HIPAA Manuals
• Breach Notification Requirements
• HIPAA Security
• National Provider Identifier (NPI)
• HIPAA Transaction Standards
• Enforcement Rule
• Transactions and Code Sets Rule
HIPPA provided some health care plans free from Title I requirements, like a long-term health plans and limited-scope plans such as dental or vision plans HIPPA are offered separately from the general health plan. However, if such as benefits are part of the general health plan, then HIPAA still applies to such benefits. So HIPPA is very useful to any kind of patients.
HIPPA is the best way to find about the Health and Human Services (HHS), such as health plans, health care, Medical Liability, and the any kind of health information for the patients.
There are many online resources available today to get online HIPAA training and information to know better about health plans, health insurance, rules, security and policies for patients. HIPAA awareness is the need for understand the rights and health care system, the HIPAA awareness can explore through HIPAA awareness posters and HIPAA awareness cards which is the most helpful HIPAA products for patients and HIPAA business associates for HIPAA compliance and online HIPAA training certification.
Our goals in colleting these important resources are to ensure that you have high-quality, reliable, knowledgeable, information about HIPAA and to help you implement the standards with as little cost and hassle as possible.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an internet marketing specialist and writing on the behalf of Discount HIPAA Training, providing online HIPAA training, HIPAA Awareness, HIPAA Compliance and products for patients and business associates.