Robert Elias ... of our physical problems may have their origin in the ... ... of the ... system. The symptoms of such hormonal ... may take the form of ... al
Robert Elias Najemy
Many of our physical problems may have their origin in the imbalanced functioning of the endocrine system. The symptoms of such hormonal disorders may take the form of headaches, allergies, insomnia, cysts, cancer, osteoporosis, inflammation of the joints and muscles, rheumatism, arthritis, menstrual irregularities, emotional imbalance, mental disorders, lack of energy and an excessive tendency to gain or lose weight. These are only a few of many possible problems, which may result from imbalances in the hormonal secretions of the endocrine system. Here we have not even mentioned the obvious and severe malfunctioning of the endocrine glands, which produce cysts, gross malformations and malfunctioning in the body. Even in cases where hormones may not be the main disturbing factor, they will almost always be involved or affected in some way because of their extremely important role in the «master control mechanism» of the body.
SIMPLE NATURAL WAYS OF RESTORING THE HORMONAL BALANCE
1. EAT A PURE DIET free from chemical preservatives, insecticides, hormones, and drugs of any kind. Eat as little meat as possible as most meat comes from animals that have been given hormones to grow faster and larger.
2. Recent studies have found the following vitamins especially useful. Vitamin C, Beta Carotene through plenty of carrots, squash, broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, beets, brussel sprouts and other fresh vegetables. Vitamins E and B complex and Zinc. These all protect the body from the effect of toxic substances and negative emotions. Also other substitutes such gamma linoeic acid and evening primrose oil seem to have a harmonizing effect on the hormonal balance ? especially for women.
3. OCCASIONAL FASTING will help to clean out the system of accumulated waste products that may be preventing the proper functioning of the various organs of the body. Fasting on water or juices one day per week keeps the body free of toxic build up when one has been eating properly.
4. REFLEXOLOGY MASSAGE is especially effective in rejuvenating the various endocrine glands. By massaging the reflex points on the bottom of the feel corresponding to the endocrine glands, which are not functioning well, we are often able to stimulate them into proper functioning. I have personally seen this work in many cases, including the miraculous disappearance of cysts and tumors from the breast, ovaries and other parts of the body. It is best to work on all the aspects of the endocrine system.
5. A HARMONIOUS ROUTINE is essential in establishing a harmony in the hormonal secretions. All of nature operates in rhythms and cycles: the sun, the moon, the earth, night and day, winter and summer, birth and death, darkness and light. The human being needs to live in harmony with those rhythms. Many of our physical and mental problems today are a function of the fact that we have left the natural rhythms of nature. We need to establish a harmonious pattern of eating, working, resting, recreation and sleep. If we overdo any of these, or disrupt our pattern by skipping meals, or eating continuously, or not getting enough rest or sleep, all this will throw our endocrine and nervous system out of balance.
6. FREQUENT CONTACT WITH WATER seems to have a balancing and healing effect on hormonal disorders. At least 6 to 8 cups of liquid should be taken a day in the form of water or herb teas. One should avoid coffee and alcoholic drinks. Also frequent washing of the face, neck, arms and legs also rejuvenate the body and restore harmony. This can be done upon waking, before sleeping, and before all meals. If one is in the habit of praying or meditating, he may also like to wash before doing so
7. THE RELEASE OF EMOTIONAL TENSION that may be causing the endocrine disturbance will be essential for any real lasting cure. These emotional tensions can be released to a great degree through physical exercises, breathing techniques and deep relaxation techniques designed specifically for the purpose.
We must also seek to discover how we are creating that tension in ourselves. We must discover what addictions, expectations, programmings, attitudes and fears are contributing to our load of stress and tension. It is important, too that we start to think more positively about ourselves, others and life.
8. A PHILOSOPHICAL VIEW OF LIFE can help us to overcome many potentially disturbing events and situations. Those who believe in the eternal existence of the soul, in the existence of a divine power, in the value of love and truth, and have faith (real faith - not just lip service) tend to be less disturbed by disappointments and the difficulties of life. This kind of inner strength and inner peace is a great asset for hormonal harmony. Thus, whatever may be a person?s spiritual beliefs, if he or she lives in harmony with them, there will be greater physical harmony.
9. DEEP RHYTHMIC BREATHING in which one breathes slowly and deeply counting mentally so as to create a peaceful but energized state of body and mind is perhaps the most effective way to create hormonal harmony. These breathing techniques can be practiced twice a day on an empty stomach for about five minutes depending on one?s capacity. One should NEVER strain either in terms of breath retention or in duration of the exercise. Always work within your comfortable limits. Regularity in practice is absolutely necessary for results. A suitable ratio for breathing would be 2:1:2:1 meaning that the inhalation and exhalation would be twice the duration of the retention and suspension.
DEEP RELAXATION TECHNIQUES in which we relax all of the body and then consciously send healing energies in the form of light, love, peaceful thoughts of positive images to the problematic organs can do much to restore the proper harmonious functioning of the endocrine and nervous system, and thus to all the other systems of the body which depend on these two master systems.
While in the state of deep concentration visualize your body?s immune system and nervous systems functioning perfectly. Imagine this in any creative way that is suitable to you. Imagine the healing white light and love in all parts of your body
In conclusion: 1. Many physical and mental problems are the result of hormonal imbalances. 2. These are seldom discovered through normal medical examination, and sometimes cannot be determined even in specific tests. 3. It is preferable for a person to try to restore his natural hormonal balance through natural means before resorting to chemical hormone tablets or surgery, which have side effects. 4. Hormonal harmony and human harmony are interdependent 5. The results will depend on how conscious and disciplined you are in your employment of your self-therapy program.
For more details go to http://www.HolisticHarmony.com/research/healthissues.html
(Adapted from the forthcoming "Self Healing" by Robert Elias Najemy. His book "The Psychology of Happiness" (ISBN 0-9710116-0-5) is available at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/holisticharmo-20 and http://www.HolisticHarmony.com/psychofhappiness.html. His writings can be viewed at http://www.HolisticHarmony.com where you can also download FREE articles and e-books.
Robert Elias Najemy is the author of over 600 articles, 400 lecture cassettes on Human Harmony and 20 books, which have sold over 100,000 copies. He is the Founder and director of the Center for Harmonious Living in Greece with 3700 members. His book The Psychology of Happiness; ISBN 0-9710116-0-5 is available at www.amazon.com and http://www.HolisticHarmony.com. where you can view and download FREE articles and e-books.