How to Keep Skin Looking Young
As we age, our skin produces less collagen and elasticity that gives our skin its suppleness and tone. Dead skin cells are replaced more slowly and blood vessels slowly weaken, resulting in dull looking skin...
Is there a way to halt the ageing process, at least as far as our skin is concerned?
There are a few lifestyle changes that can help us restore our skin's youthful appearance:
* Sun protection- Most skin damage is caused by ultraviolet rays. While sun exposure is beneficial (because it's the best source of Vitamin D), it is recommended to apply sunscreen and try to stay out of the sun as much as possible.
* Stop smoking- Smoking is not only bad for our health, but it also makes our skin look older. The smoke dries up our skin and constricts the blood vessels, depriving the skin of the oxygen it needs to stay young and supple.
* Exercise- Improving posture and boosting circulation can help with a youthful appearance, while keeping skin hydrated with 8-10 glasses of water a day.
* Skin care regimen- The best thing to do is to cleanse in a moisturizing, gentle way and then use a good lightweight moisturizer. Exfoliating is good, but it must be done gently. The older you get, the less resilient your skin is, so stay away from products containing AHAs (fruit acids) because they are just too harsh.
* Diet- Eating fruits and vegetables containing natural antioxidants, help to combat skin cell damage.
It is also recommended:
* To eat foods high in alkali content such as papaya, mango, apples, and white cabbage.
* To take multivitamins, particularly Vitamin E and B complex which are beneficial for aging skin and Vitamin C for collagen production.
* To take Omega oil and fish oil supplements which contain amino acids.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Fedora is a natural health and beauty specialist. To read more of her tips and advices on prescription drugs, wrinkles removal and many other things, visit her at fedorazine.com.