Improve Your ... Elias ... memory can be a ... problem when it becomes a cause for us to function below our ... The ... can vary in type and ... SOME P
Improve Your Memory
Robert Elias Najemy
Poor memory can be a frustrating problem when it becomes a cause for us to function below our abilities. The consequences can vary in type and seriousness.
SOME POSSIBLE CAUSES
1. Lack of proper nutrients. 2. Hardening of the arteries of the brain. 3. Poor blood circulation to the brain. 4. Anemia. 5. Exhaustion of the nervous system. 6. Scattering of mental energies on many activities. 7. Emotional problems which preoccupy the mind. 8. Lack of organization. 9. Poor living habits in general. 10. Too much alcohol or other drugs. 11. Chronic use of tranquilizers or painkillers. 12. Lack of exercise or release of tension through movement. 13. Build up of toxins in the body.
EFFECTIVE NATURAL SOLUTIONS
1. Clean out the body and mind with pure diet and occasional fasts so that the nerves and blood vessels will be revitalized.
2. Eat foods, which have high quantities of B complex vitamins, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Calcium.
3. If the problem is serious, take supplements: B complex, Brewers? yeast, Magnesium, Calcium as well as an amino acid complex specifically created for improving memory.
4. Avoid white sugar, white flour and all products made from them. Avoid all chemical preservatives and all over processed foods or foods cooked some days before.
5. Concentrate on raw fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts and whole grains.
6. Eat alfalfa sprouts regularly.
7. Free your mind daily from whatever is burdening it with deep relaxation and positive projection techniques.
8. Learn to meditate and concentrate your mind.
9. When you want to remember something specific, repeat it three times to yourself associating it with some image, which you will not forget. Images remain more clearly in our minds. Thus if you make some image humorous or serious for each important thing you want to remember, you will be more successful in remembering.
10. Make lists of whatever you need to do each day. In this way you do not need to burden your mind with something that a piece of paper can do. When you have completed each activity cross it off and whatever is not completed that day can be transferred to the next day. Keep a paper and pen on you at all times and write down immediately what is important for you to remember. In this way there is no chance of forgetting something important.
11. Keep a daily diary in which you observe those things, which you tend to forget. If you can determine the types of things you forget and the situations in which you usually forget, you may be able to detect a pattern which can be corrected.
12. Perform head low postures like the 1/2 shoulder stand, prayer position and forward stretch daily so as to ensure a good supply of blood and oxygen to the brain. These should be practiced three times a day by those with poor memory.
13. Also perform exercises for the nerves of the spinal column and neck so as to release any tension which may be accumulated there.
14. Get help in looking at your emotional life and the various problems which are occupying your mind so that you can get free from worries and be able to concentrate more clearly and totally on the present moment. Our minds are drained and confused by the various worries and anxieties which clutter them. When the mind is peaceful and feeling secure it can remember much more clearly.
15. Overcome fear and lack of self-confidence. These are major obstacles to the free flowing of the mind in all situations.
16. Until you are able to overcome the problem, try to accept it and not get upset. When you reject yourself because your memory is weak, you block your mental energies even more. So accept yourself and the problem as you work on correcting it simultaneously. Thus until you improve your memory, accept yourself as you are, and use lists extensively for more effective functioning.
17. Engage in activities which free you from stress and tension such as exercises, dancing, walking in nature, swimming, singing, working in a garden and anything else which is enjoyable to you.
18. Perform deep relaxation techniques daily and program your mind that it will inform you of any important information, which you need at the proper time.
(Adapted from the forthcoming "Self Healing" by Robert Elias Najemy. His book "The Psychology of Happiness" (ISBN 0-9710116-0-5) is available at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/holisticharmo-20 and http://www.HolisticHarmony.com/psychofhappiness.html. His writings can be viewed at http://www.HolisticHarmony.com where you can also download FREE articles and e-books.
Robert Elias Najemy is the author of over 600 articles, 400 lecture cassettes on Human Harmony and 20 books, which have sold over 100,000 copies. He is the Founder and director of the Center for Harmonious Living in Greece with 3700 members. His book The Psychology of Happiness; ISBN 0-9710116-0-5 is available at www.amazon.com and http://www.HolisticHarmony.com. where you can view and download FREE articles and e-books.