Reasons for a painful intercourse during first time
First time intercourse is not always painful. However, some it causes discomfort in some women and men. Usually, the pain during intercourse is not severe. However, it can be worsened if a person is s...
First time intercourse leads to pain in the following ways:
1. After having sex for the first time, pain can be experienced by a woman in her vagina. This happens if the hymen is intact with the vagina and doesn’t have enough lubrication. Some portion of the vaginal opening is covered by the hymen. A woman may break it by taking part in sports such as swimming and horse riding. The hymen of some women is intact and discomfort is caused during the first time sexual intercourse. Even due to dry vagina, pain may be experienced. The formation of lubricating fluid in the woman’s vagina can be prevented due to anxiety and nervousness.
2. If a woman feels a deep abdominal pain during sex, it is a sign that a medical condition has been developed by a woman who affects her ovaries and uterus. It has been stated that during the sexual intercourse for the first time, pain during intercourse may result due to ovarian cysts, bladder disease, endometrosiosis and tilted uterus. There may be a pelvic inflammatory disease as well
3. Pain may also be experienced by men for the first time. The number one cause of this pain is the Peyronie’s disease. In this disease, a scar tissue or plaque is formed in the penis. Pain may also be caused in the men whose foreskin is very tight and is just placed behind the start of penis. Other causes of pain during intercourse are psoriasis, dermatitis and urinary tract infection.
4. Painful intercourse may also result from the emotional factors. It has been reported by the ACOG that a woman is not allowed to relax during sex if she has emotions such as fear or guilt. This will tighten her vagina and will result into lot of pain.
5. Men and women can get themselves treated for this pain. it is recommended that water based lubricant must be used by woman for getting relief from the pain. Due to pain and other emotional factors, a psychologist or counselor needs to be visited.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
You can read in this article about reasons for a pain during intercourse at first time. Read more on sex problems in women by visiting Onlymyhealth.